PDA

View Full Version : Impriving my chances of winning or swewing a chip?

aflaba
08-24-2005, 04:22 PM
Both players in this hand are unknown

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG caps</font>, Button calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (12.50 SB) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, Button folds, Hero calls.

Motivation to my bet at the moment of play:
1) Pot is huge and will be bigger by the end of it. I didn't want Button to possibly draw to 3 outs. Also I only win (5/45*8) 0.6 SB by getting 3 outs to lay down.

I'm hoping UTG has AK (I eliminate no outs of villains but I may get 1 SB more in), JJ, TT, (lower PP or a random worse hand) and will raise.

In hindsight this doesn't feel enough a reason to bet since I having the best hand * UTG raising * BU having 3+ outs will all happen to seldom.

I win 0.6 SB when I succed. I lose 1 SB when my play fails... which will happen much more often.

2) By betting I could fold to a raise and reraise. In hindsight I think this a very weak reason.

Turn: (8.25 BB) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (10.25 BB) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 12.25 BB

Please correct errors in my logic. Are there other parts of the hand that you think are incorrect?

bank
08-24-2005, 04:25 PM
I would play it the same against an unknown.

aflaba
08-24-2005, 04:29 PM
Some thoughts that are questions.

Thought 1:
A flop bet to decrease Villains' outs when I am probably behind is correct less often than a flop raise to decrease Villains' outs?

Since when betting, I have to be raised by a worse hand for the play to be successful, while when raising I "only" need a worse hand to bet into me, which is a lesser exibit of strength.

Thought 2:
Hero holds TT
UTG raises, Button calls, 2 fold, Hero 3-bets, UTG caps, Button calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (12.50 SB) 3, 6, 9

Would it be correct to bet out?

Thought 3:
Hero holds TT
UTG raises, Button calls, MP calls, 2 fold, Hero 3-bets, UTG caps, Button calls, MP calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (16.50 SB) 3, 6, 9

Would it be correct to bet out?

aflaba
08-24-2005, 06:37 PM
I'd be very happy to get more comments on this hand. I feel I'm not certain that my thinking is accurate. If you'd like to look over what I have written and give your opinions that would be very helpful.

thanks

Piz0wn0reD!!!!!!
08-24-2005, 07:45 PM
this looks fine. either fold the the 3 bet on the flop or call down.

dave44
08-24-2005, 09:41 PM
I'd rather check-call the flop and probably continue to check-call down. The pot's big so AK's seeing the river regardless. I'd discount TT a bit as I don't see it capped much after the BB 3-bets his UTG raise. I'm not too worried about button and trying to force him with two since there's no draws and if he has AK his average number of outs against UTG's range is garbage.