PDA

View Full Version : Site Selection

WSOP Bound
08-24-2005, 04:01 PM
I currently play UB and am looking to try a different site. My current bankroll is ~250BB playing .25/.50 so I would like to pick a site that has nice game selection for the low limits that I play. I would also like to maximize my bonus and potentially even look into rakeback. Any thoughts on what sites I should check out would be appreciatted. It would also be nice if it's a site that PT does auto-imports from.

(I did a search before posting this but came up with nothing much, I'm sure this has been discussed before so if anyone has a link to a previous thread that would be great)

Reqtech
08-24-2005, 04:03 PM
Eurobet and find a rakeback deal with one of this site's advertisers.

istewart
08-24-2005, 04:04 PM
PokerStars has good games for those limits but VERY infrequent bonuses and no current rakeback.

I would recommend playing there for a bit and then moving up to Party $.5/1 when you feel ready, where the bonuses flow like water.

WSOP Bound
08-24-2005, 04:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks!

Isn't this a Party skin? Do they have .25/.50 tables?

benkath1
08-24-2005, 04:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks!

[/ QUOTE ]

not a skin, but do have those limits.

You might try paradise too. The deposit bonus will clear at .25/.50, just takes a little longer.

WSOP Bound
08-24-2005, 04:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks!

[/ QUOTE ]

not a skin, but do have those limits.

You might try paradise too. The deposit bonus will clear at .25/.50, just takes a little longer.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK Thanks!

Link774
08-24-2005, 04:28 PM
I started at Paradise and moved to Party mid-way through my time at .5/1 in anticipation of the small number of tables available at 1/2. I really miss the software at Paradise, and the tables seem plenty soft

aces_dad
08-24-2005, 04:31 PM
Actually eurobet is a party skin, and the lowest limit they have is .5/1. The .25/.50 is actually NL.

It is a good place as the rakeback site though, and they also offer a monthly $25 no-deposit reload bonus.

nomadtla
08-24-2005, 04:46 PM
I used to play UB.25/.50 (as I think you know) and was barely keeping my head above water. Then the "Baron" saved me in a response to one of my threads linky (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=micro&Number=3052416&fpart =1&PHPSESSID=) (his responses on page 2 & 3 esspescially). I now play at Stars .25/.50 and am glad I made the switch. I've doubled my BR 300BB-600BB in about 25 hours 2-tabling. The difference is unbelieveable. The combination of BAD players and a much more reasonable rake than UB (only raked when pot reaches $5) has made a huge difference. I think part of it is running hot but going from 1BB/100 to 9+BB/100 over 3.5K can't all be because of cards (or is at least very unlikely). UB is a hard site to beat. My plan is to stay here at Stars .25/.50 through at least 5K hands and hopefully 400BB for .5/1, and then do some hopping and bonus whoring. Yes Stars doesn't have a start bonus but it is a good place to get your roll to where you can do some whoring.

BTW thank you all (esp. Baronzeus) for your advice on that previous thread. The move has done wonders for my confidence, my game, and I think kept me from throwing in the towel alltogether.

08-24-2005, 04:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I used to play UB.25/.50 (as I think you know) and was barely keeping my head above water. Then the "Baron" saved me in a response to one of my threads linky (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=micro&Number=3052416&fpart =1&PHPSESSID=) (his responses on page 2 & 3 esspescially). I now play at Stars .25/.50 and am glad I made the switch.

[/ QUOTE ]
I've had the same experience (although I had to figure it out for myself). UB seems to have tightened way up, while PS (which used to have a really tight rep) has gotten looser (probably directly attributable to the amount of TV ads they run). During a major downswing I played some nanolimits there while working on my inept play /images/graemlins/grin.gif, and virtually never failed to come away ahead.

WSOP Bound
08-24-2005, 04:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I used to play UB.25/.50 (as I think you know) and was barely keeping my head above water. Then the "Baron" saved me in a response to one of my threads linky (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=micro&Number=3052416&fpart =1&PHPSESSID=) (his responses on page 2 & 3 esspescially). I now play at Stars .25/.50 and am glad I made the switch. I've doubled my BR 300BB-600BB in about 25 hours 2-tabling. The difference is unbelieveable. The combination of BAD players and a much more reasonable rake than UB (only raked when pot reaches $5) has made a huge difference. I think part of it is running hot but going from 1BB/100 to 9+BB/100 over 3.5K can't all be because of cards (or is at least very unlikely). UB is a hard site to beat. My plan is to stay here at Stars .25/.50 through at least 5K hands and hopefully 400BB for .5/1, and then do some hopping and bonus whoring. Yes Stars doesn't have a start bonus but it is a good place to get your roll to where you can do some whoring.

BTW thank you all (esp. Baronzeus) for your advice on that previous thread. The move has done wonders for my confidence, my game, and I think kept me from throwing in the towel alltogether.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the advice and link (the irony is that I had posted on that thread). That was when I wanted to play tough games, but like you at this point I want to get to a softer game.

WSOP Bound
08-24-2005, 10:51 PM
Many thanks to istwart and nomadtla! I ended up picking stars, and am working on my first session there. Wow what a difference! After over a year at UB I was starting to think that fish were just an urban legend

Fryguy
08-24-2005, 11:09 PM
Paradises software is IMO the best. However there's 2 major problems with paradise.

No rakeback.
No automatic hand histories. Therefore no datamining. No HUDs support it. You need to request hand histories via email, and you can only do 100 at a time.

Paradise's initial bonus is pretty easy to clear, and the site is pretty weak in the lower limits.

nomadtla
08-24-2005, 11:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Many thanks to istwart and nomadtla! I ended up picking stars, and am working on my first session there. Wow what a difference! After over a year at UB I was starting to think that fish were just an urban legend

[/ QUOTE ]

I know you don't even realize it when you're there but looking back I'm so thankful I got on 2+2 and found out why before I got so frustrated that I just gave up all together

WSOP Bound
08-24-2005, 11:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I know you don't even realize it when you're there but looking back I'm so thankful I got on 2+2 and found out why before I got so frustrated that I just gave up all together

[/ QUOTE ]

You are correct I didn't realize it for a long time. Actually I never posted it there, but I think that it was your thread that got me started on thinking about making a move. Have you had any difficulty adjusting? I've only played about 150 hands so far, but I find myself still playing way too tight (13%/10%/2.2)

Rev. Good Will
08-24-2005, 11:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
No HUDs support it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? I use GT+ on paradise.

Fryguy
08-25-2005, 12:03 AM
Really? didn't know that. You _DO_ have to manually email yourself histories every 100 hands, right?

hemstock
08-25-2005, 12:37 AM
There's a function in PT that does it for you. You can request like 100 hands every 15 minutes. Don't have to worry about duplicates.