PDA

View Full Version : Posting with J7s

istewart
08-24-2005, 03:11 PM
Quick one that I wasn't sure about, especially vs. this opponent since against some it's easy to continue and against others it's an easy fold.

I post in the CO and receive J /images/graemlins/spade.gif7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif. Folded to me and I raise. Loosish semi-unknown SB calls and the BB calls. BB is 28/8/1.2 over 100 hands, but no real read.

The flop is K /images/graemlins/heart.gifJ /images/graemlins/diamond.gif5 /images/graemlins/club.gif. The SB checks, and the BB bets. What's your action and plan for the hand?

MaxPowerzz
08-24-2005, 03:28 PM
I fold (weak-tight?), and then well, I guess I don't have a plan for the rest of the hand /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Eeegah
08-24-2005, 03:41 PM
Raise. Even the most passive opponents turn into tigers when in blind defense mode, and he could very well be trying to scare you out of the pot. You have a hand here, while the odds are he doesn't. If he 3-bets I call down U/I.

Fantam
08-24-2005, 03:43 PM
This decision looks close to me.

Receiving pot odds of 7:1, I would call the flop bet and see what happens on the turn.

BB may have Kx or something like a OESD. I think the implied odds make calling the flop for one bet worthwhile, but I would fold the turn UI to further agression.

08-24-2005, 03:46 PM
I'd call his flop bet and wait for the turn. If SB c/raises you, fold. If the turn misses you and you're bet into, fold.

Since BB seems to be ABC (if a bit loose), I'd peg him on Kx, top pair.

Soul Daddy
08-24-2005, 03:48 PM
I'm raising, betting the turn if checked to, and shutting down to any further aggression unimproved.

Shillx
08-24-2005, 04:13 PM
Pretty clear raise to me.

Brad

Duerig
08-24-2005, 04:21 PM
I raise. I want this to be heads up. I would fold the turn UI if 3 bet on the flop, otherwise, bet the turn and probably take a free showdown (read dependent).

VoraciousReader
08-24-2005, 04:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
BB is 28/8/1.2 over 100 hands, but no real read.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this a multi-tabling thing? I can't imagine playing 100 hands with someone who has been playing 1 out of 3 hands and not having formed some sort of idea of how they play. But I 1-table, so I have lots of time to observe my opponents.

Personally, I fold to the flop bet without a read. You raised pre-flop on a blind steal, got caught, and now have 2nd pair, weak kicker, and none of your spades fell. I pass on the opportunity to throw good SBs after bad.

GTSamIAm
08-24-2005, 05:21 PM
Raise flop. Bet turn. Check river.

istewart
08-24-2005, 05:30 PM
Datamining /images/graemlins/crazy.gif.

As for the hand, I did raise the flop, bet the turn, and checked the river, but looking back onto it I wasn't sure about it. This guy isn't particularly aggressive, and my kicker might play a role in a good % of showdowns. On a two-toned flop I feel my line is definitely more correct but hands that I beat AND he would donk into me on this board seemed slim at the time.