PDA

View Full Version : Call or raise?

Whitey
08-24-2005, 03:05 PM
$.50/$1.00 PLO on Stars

Villian and hero have roughly $100 (max buyin)

Several limpers, I limp with K /images/graemlins/spade.gifJ /images/graemlins/spade.gif9 /images/graemlins/club.gif8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Flop Q T x two spades. Checked to hero who bets the pot
(around 8 bucks) all fold except BB who calls and is a solid player from previous experience.

Turn is non spade 9 giving me the straight with a redraw to the king flush.
Villian checks and I bet the pot ($24) ,villian reraises another $30.

hero?

Spellmen
08-24-2005, 03:24 PM
Stick it in, he probably won't pay you off if you hit your flush so you want all the money in now

BluffTHIS!
08-24-2005, 03:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Stick it in, he probably won't pay you off if you hit your flush so you want all the money in now

[/ QUOTE ]

You have a very good freeroll unless he has you in a bind with KJ along with the nut flush draw. Like the other poster said, if he doesn't have a flush draw he probably won't pay you off, so get it in now. This also prevents him from bluffing you if the board pairs. If he has the straight along with a better flush draw or a set and hits, that's just the way it goes. If the flush draw was not present, you could preserve the power of your position by smoothcalling and bluffing yourself if the board pairs, but anytime you get a freeroll you should be shoveling the dough in with both hands.

Filip
08-24-2005, 03:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What he said.

Whitey
08-24-2005, 04:09 PM
Thx for the response, I did stick it in and he folded, I was wodering if it was worth the slow play when he probably had 2 pair but it looks like the concensus is to push. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

BluffTHIS!
08-24-2005, 04:18 PM
Since he folded, he may well have had a set and was waiting to the turn to checkraise, or just 2 pair like you said, possibly trying to get you to lay down only a flush draw and one pair.

obi---one
08-24-2005, 04:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
but anytime you get a freeroll you should be shoveling the dough in with both hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

BFlush
08-24-2005, 09:28 PM
Isn't there about $70 in the pot after his re-raise?? Why isn't he pot committed at this point?

Oh yeah. I agree with the rest, stick it to 'em:)