PDA

View Full Version : Worst downswing EVER?!!?!?

baronzeus
08-24-2005, 02:40 PM
Just kidding /images/graemlins/grin.gif Thought it would be funny.

Anyhow, here's a weird one against an LPP.

Note that I have been raising an exceptionally high percentage of the time this session. I think the people at the table have noticed it, as someone capped me preflop with A9o after I 3bet with AKo.

How is this line? Who doesn't show this down?

I HATE my preflop cap. A lot.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 4/images/graemlins/club.gif, 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, SB calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (6 BB) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks.

River: (6 BB) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 8 BB

ggbman
08-24-2005, 02:41 PM
Given that he completed and then 3 bet preflop, then check-raised the flop into your cap, its hard to believe you are ever ahead here without some very good reads.

jba
08-24-2005, 02:44 PM
1- subject was funny, nh
2- preflop cap is not all that silly given your reads. I don't hate it. You have position and are ahead of more three betting hands than you are behind, I would think.
3- I have no idea what to make of that LRR, but I'd have to think this guy has unimproved overs 1/8 times.

kurosh
08-24-2005, 03:02 PM
Looks good. I cap that every time PF.

sthief09
08-24-2005, 03:19 PM
why? so he can put in a bet as an underdog, then give overcards odds to draw out postflop? makes sense.

kurosh
08-24-2005, 03:34 PM
Most of the hands he will be up against, he is roughly 50/50. The change in pot odds for overcards is trivial and unimportant. The most important thing is the initiative and folding out better hands. Could he have the possibility of taking a free card if he doesn't cap? Do you think he could get 66 to fold on an A-high flop if he doesn't cap?

sthief09
08-24-2005, 03:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Most of the hands he will be up against, he is roughly 50/50. The change in pot odds for overcards is trivial and unimportant. The most important thing is the initiative and folding out better hands. Could he have the possibility of taking a free card if he doesn't cap? Do you think he could get 66 to fold on an A-high flop if he doesn't cap?

[/ QUOTE ]

against most of the hands he's 50/50 but against the range he's an underdog. it's unlikely his opponent will have a 2, 3, or 4. the change in pot odds is not trivial at all. it's 1 BB. capping in this situation offers absolutely nothing in the way of initiative. this is the type of guy who's probably going to the river no matter what.

Danenania
08-24-2005, 03:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

against most of the hands he's 50/50 but against the range he's an underdog. it's unlikely his opponent will have a 2, 3, or 4. the change in pot odds is not trivial at all. it's 1 BB. capping in this situation offers absolutely nothing in the way of initiative. this is the type of guy who's probably going to the river no matter what.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree completely. Against a tag I might cap but with this type of opponent it's pointless.

MicroBob
08-24-2005, 03:57 PM
bet the turn here? or is our raising-image out of control enough that there's no way we are taking it down on this kind of scary board?

I would think over-cards would throw in the towel here.

I don't like the pre-flop cap either.

Guy McSucker
08-24-2005, 07:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Do you think he could get 66 to fold on an A-high flop if he doesn't cap?

[/ QUOTE ]

If the 66 will fold if he caps, it will fold if he doesn't. The raise and call-a-3-bet signals an ace just the same.

Guy.

marching_on_together
08-24-2005, 07:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

not capping pre-flop here in my experience often says Ace more than capping does as most players won't cap here with anything worse than AJ but will cap alot of their small PPs.

I don't see much point in capping unless villian can fold semi-decent hands post flop.