PDA

View Full Version : Trouble getting out of bed in the morning?

Slow Play Ray
08-24-2005, 02:04 PM
I definitely need one of these (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7268066).

TStoneMBD
08-24-2005, 02:12 PM
hahaha. yah i definitely need one of those too. i am definitely the type who hits snooze over and over. ive actually snoozed for several hours at a time hitting the button every 7 minutes without waking up.

Slow Play Ray
08-24-2005, 02:17 PM
for me it's every 9 minutes. and i snooze for literally 2 hours every morning. it's quite the complex process. my clock is set 40 minutes ahead. i usually set the alarm for ~6:00am, which is really 5:20am - i don't need to be at work until 8am, but i always "try" to get in for 7am, and i purposely leave myself time for a couple snoozes. my last successful attempt at 7am was probably 3 months ago. anyway, i will then hit snooze every 9 minutes until about 8:00am (which is really 7:20am) when i finally get out of bed. i then get ready and finally roll into work around 8:15am every day. i also frequently pick up my cell phone to check the real time because i can't do the math in my head in that state. i know this makes no sense, and i have no idea why i do it...it just kind of evolved into this and i am stuck in this ridiculous routine now. my girlfriend gets very upset with me when she sleeps over.

JaBlue
08-24-2005, 02:18 PM
OR just make a clock that doesn't have a snooze button!

Slow Play Ray
08-24-2005, 02:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
OR just make a clock that doesn't have a snooze button!

[/ QUOTE ]

blasphemy.

imported_The Vibesman
08-24-2005, 02:19 PM
I'm down to only snoozing for a 1/2 hour-45 minutes, but I used to be much worse.

I don't care how much padding "Clocky" has, I would destroy him by the end of the first week.

Slow Play Ray
08-24-2005, 02:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't care how much padding "Clocky" has, I would destroy him by the end of the first week.

[/ QUOTE ]

this made me LOL. so true.

Guy Incognito
08-24-2005, 03:24 PM
Eh, just put the clock where you can't reach it from the bed.

On that note, why don't they make alarm clocks with adjustable snooze times? Or do they, and I've just never seen one...

Eurotrash
08-24-2005, 03:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
for me it's every 9 minutes. and i snooze for literally 2 hours every morning.

[/ QUOTE ]

wow, this is so damn similar to what I end up doing. even have the 9-minute snooze interval

Voltron87
08-24-2005, 03:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

wow, this is so damn similar to what I end up doing. even have the 9-minute snooze interval

[/ QUOTE ]

exact same for me too.

i usually manage to make it out after only an hour though.

xadrez
08-24-2005, 03:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
for me it's every 9 minutes. and i snooze for literally 2 hours every morning. it's quite the complex process. my clock is set 40 minutes ahead. i usually set the alarm for ~6:00am, which is really 5:20am - i don't need to be at work until 8am, but i always "try" to get in for 7am, and i purposely leave myself time for a couple snoozes. my last successful attempt at 7am was probably 3 months ago. anyway, i will then hit snooze every 9 minutes until about 8:00am (which is really 7:20am) when i finally get out of bed. i then get ready and finally roll into work around 8:15am every day. i also frequently pick up my cell phone to check the real time because i can't do the math in my head in that state. i know this makes no sense, and i have no idea why i do it...it just kind of evolved into this and i am stuck in this ridiculous routine now. my girlfriend gets very upset with me when she sleeps over.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope I never meet you face to face because apparently we are dopplegangers.

Slow Play Ray
08-24-2005, 03:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I hope I never meet you face to face because apparently we are dopplegangers.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ha. Glad to know I'm not the only one. Perhaps we should form a support group to help us get out of this stupid routine.

xadrez
08-24-2005, 03:51 PM
Waking up and instantly having to get out of bed is awful IMO.

LetYouDown
08-24-2005, 04:02 PM
Couldn't agree more on every count. 9 minutes for me. Tried confusing myself with different clock times, different alarm tones, different clock location...no luck. I've had this problem for years. I sleep well enough, but NEVER feel refreshed in the morning. If I have to get up immediately upon waking up, I will be a [censored] the entire day. I saw this item a few months ago, but it has its problems. I really need something that will remove me from my bed and then make it physically impossible for me to return. That's an invention I would pay a great deal for.

xadrez
08-24-2005, 04:05 PM
You could get one of those mattresses the viet cong used to torture john rambo and program it to shock you promptly at 8 AM

Piz0wn0reD!!!!!!
08-24-2005, 04:06 PM
BIMO

durron597
08-24-2005, 04:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Freakin
08-24-2005, 04:17 PM
I know this is a giant pile of poo worthy post, but I don't want to go find the old thread.

Freakin

ddubois
08-24-2005, 04:34 PM
There was a brief period of time in college where I had the great idea of putting my alarm clock out of reach, and turning up the buzzer very loud. The idea was a two-pronged attack: 1) volume would startle me and awake me, 2) having to physically get up to turn the thing off would wake me.

The actual result would be that I would have a near heart attack when it went off, and then I would fling my entire body up into the air and across the room to slap the [censored] out of the alarm and then curse and go back to sleep on the floor.

I stopped doing this when I realized how rude this was for my roomate, even though he was nice enough to not complain.

LetYouDown
08-24-2005, 04:47 PM
I can relate to that. I wrote a simple computer program to play the intro sounds from Time by Pink Floyd over and over again. I'd turn my speakers up as loud as they'd go, and then it would just cycle those noises infinitely until I entered a password, or it was unplugged/etc. I took the volume knob off the speakers (they sucked anyway), so i couldn't just turn the sound down...I had to either unplug it or enter the password. I had one of those suspended beds, so I actually had to climb down to handle it. Didn't really help. I found myself planning the easiest ways to turn it off and getting back asleep.

RacersEdge
08-24-2005, 05:17 PM
Once I found it, I would smash it to pieces.

08-24-2005, 05:26 PM
I set the alarm clock and my cell phone about 15 minutes apart. My thinking is just rolling over and slapping snooze on the alarm clock will never get me up and it doesn't, but it gets me awake enough to be very annoyed when the cell phone goes off and trying to figure that out when you are tired makes you get up. Then I realized the cell phone had a snooze on it too, so it's another couple snoozes on the cell phone before I get real annoyed with it and finally get up. Then I sleep on the bus to the train and sleep on the train to work, I really need to stop playing poker til midnight every weeknight.

EliteNinja
08-25-2005, 04:32 AM
Just drink a tall glass of water just before you go to sleep.

Works every time.

Slow Play Ray
08-25-2005, 08:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Just drink a tall glass of water just before you go to sleep.

Works every time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah, I've done this (not necessarily on purpose) - I'll just wake up at 4-5am to relieve myself and climb back in bed just in time to ctach a few more Zs before my snoozefest!

MrMoo
08-25-2005, 11:26 AM
I moved mine across the room and it still doesn't help.

Now I wake up, stumble across the room to hit snooze, stumble back and sleep for 19 minutes. Then repeat the process multiple times.

Sadly I've discovered that my alarm clock "gives up" after I hit snooze for over 2 hours worth of time. For example, if my snooze is set for 20 minutes, after I hit snooze the 6th time, it will just stop going off. I've been late to work several times because of that.

Slow Play Ray
08-25-2005, 11:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Sadly I've discovered that my alarm clock "gives up" after I hit snooze for over 2 hours worth of time. For example, if my snooze is set for 20 minutes, after I hit snooze the 6th time, it will just stop going off. I've been late to work several times because of that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Mine too - maybe we have the same alarm clock. I think I kind of take that into subconcious consideration though, because I usually come in at just under 2 hours' worth of snoozing. There have been a few occasions where it has caused me to be pretty late though.