PDA

View Full Version : UB - Need Input

Jonsan
08-24-2005, 01:33 PM
I have some incentives to play at UltimateBet, but I have no experience with the site. Anyone care to give their thoughts on UB's single table SnGs? I play low buy-in games, and will probably start with the $10s.

Thanks,
Jon

wildzer0
08-24-2005, 01:36 PM
I like UBs sngs but they're much more challenging then the typical party structure and take much longer. Typically tougher players, almost double the starting stack and slow rising blinds make for very long sngs.

citanul
08-24-2005, 01:37 PM
i feel teased.

why do you need incentive to play there?

Jonsan
08-24-2005, 01:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i feel teased.

why do you need incentive to play there?

[/ QUOTE ]

I have incentives to play there. I can sign up under an affiliate and reap some benefits if I play at UB. Also, UB has a decent sign-up bonus, and I don't currently have any bonus money at Stars.

Jon

citanul
08-24-2005, 02:01 PM
my bad jonsan,

i thought you wrote you needed incentives to play there and i was like "sounds like you already are incentivized" nevermind.

the games are clearly beatable, but are slower and run less frequently than party games.

citanul

fnord_too
08-24-2005, 02:15 PM
It's been a while since I have played sit and goes there. The most recent ones I have played are the 11+1 and 13+1 TEC satelites. Those are insanely soft (at least there were a few months ago when I played them last, then I decided to quit goofing around with them since the time wasn't worth the payoff).

I would guess that the <50's are pretty soft. In the TEC satelites, there are a few good players who play the low level ones, but I don't think the field in the normal sit and goes is going to be that tough there. I greatly prefer turbos over the slow moving regular STT's. If you play ring games, UB has probably the fastest games out there (in terms of hands/hour) and does not really rush you on any decision (like Prima does).

backlash
08-24-2005, 03:27 PM
I play UB SnG's almost exclusively. I've never really played anywhere where else so I can't compare them, but I do think they are beatable. Nor do I bonus whore, but I would think that with the paltry credit they give you in relation to the buy-in and the time you invest in each one would make it mighty tough to clear any bonus.

pokerlaw
08-24-2005, 03:39 PM
I play a fair amount of UB and enjoy it. A word on their bonus dollars though - they ONLY get cleared on cash tables and they clear VEEERRRRY slowly. I have roughly $300 in bonus dollars in my account. I worked off about $1.50 before I realized it is a waste of my time.