PDA

View Full Version : My question to John Walker

12-27-2001, 11:02 AM
If I had only 1 question to ask this lad, it would be:

"What would you like for your last meal?"

and then I would serve him bacon and eggs

12-27-2001, 04:37 PM

12-27-2001, 08:37 PM
I used to frequent some of the same internet chat rooms as the "American Taliban" did back when I was an undergrad in college a few years back. From what I remember he was a pretty intelligent and witty kid. I can't recall too much from of his ideology (this was back when he was a 15 or 16 year old, after all). I do think part of what sparked his conversion to Islam was his belief that Muslims were allowed by their religion to take a more aggressive role in defying oppression (think Malcolm X's "by any means necessary" quote). He seemed to believe that many of the social progressives in the US were too wishy-washy and not really willing to take a hard line in fighting the powers that be. Unfortunately it looks like in his religious zeal he ended up taking sides with people as oppressive as anything that you will find on this planet. Still, I do kind of feel sorry for him because I don't believe he is anywhere near the monster people have been making him out to be.

12-27-2001, 10:48 PM
she saw Pink Flamingos

12-27-2001, 10:52 PM
He was and is a freak. He and the people like him are useless pieces of dung. It happens in the animal world and in the human world. It is time to pull the plug on these people. Intelligent and witty you say. I say guliable and ignorant. he and the people like Mumia Jamal should be sacrificed for the good of the people at large.

BTY, I am a liberal Democrat...Yes I am.

12-28-2001, 04:45 AM
I see an opening in advertisement in the boy's future - provided he gets out of this lil' mess quick enough to catch the tail end of that campaign.

Johnnie, call your agent...

12-28-2001, 06:39 AM

12-28-2001, 10:52 AM
I don't know how "liberal" you consider yourself, but the casual way you advocate "pulling the plug" is quite disturbing. This guy wasn't exactly selling nuke secrets to North Korea. He was found fighting against the Northern Alliance, not the US army. There is no evidence he participated in the prison revolt, nor is there evidence that he was implicated in the Johnny Spann murder. I think he will get some jail time and that's it.

As for the Abu Jamal case, I don't know what this has to do with John Walker at all. I do know that from what I have read about the original trial that it was badly botched, both by Jamal's own lawyers and by the judicial system. I am very uncomfortable executing a man based on a botched trial, especially when in the last 26 years 84 death row convictions have been overturned.

In general, I find the casual way people in here refer to "bombing" and "pulling the plug" on people quite disturbing.

12-30-2001, 05:23 AM
Hetron, you can't spin this story into anything but lies and half truths can you. You know what? I hope you get to see one of these terrorists close up and in action. Then and only then would you consider seeing the ****ing TRUTH: THEY WANT TO KILL US ALL. Would you have done what the people did on flight 93 on 911?(fight back) If you say yes,then you are a hippacrit> You are the liberal here. But you can't fool me. I have been re-brainwashed over the last 8 years to seeing only the truth. You are so blind to the bias media,you don't even understand that the people you vote for KEEP TAKING MONEY OUT OF YOUR POCKET, or should I say FOOD OFF your table!! This whole 911 attack has taught me that I, as a political conservative, should no longer try to educate you liberals. I should ATTACK YOU WITH THE TRUTH. You're ****ing Tolerance of "EVERYBODY' has brought this on The REAL America...ME and MY Fellow AMERICANS. YOU are not american if you feel one ounce of pity for this SO CALLED PERSON. Try to unstick your common sense for a minute and answer this. WOuld if this asshole never got captured.And then,after five more years of fighting for the dickheads over there, he took down another tower here in america? would you FEEL the same way?

In closing Hetron, GO TO HELL.You see all of us conservatives have been quiet long enough. It's now popular to be conservative (that doesn't include you centrists).Imagine me screaming this whole post into your UNamerican countenance.

with all undue respect.

12-30-2001, 04:45 PM
>Hetron, you can't spin this story into anything >but lies and half truths can you. You know what? >I hope you get to see one of these terrorists

>close up and in action.

Maybe I could tell them I was down with John Walker back in the day, and they would let me go.

>Then and only then would you consider seeing the >****ing TRUTH: THEY WANT TO KILL US ALL. Would >you have done what the people did on flight 93 >on 911?(fight back) If you say yes,then you are >a hippacrit>

I don't recall ever saying I condoned or supported terrorism. Why are you putting words in my mouth? I only said I felt sorry for John Walker because I felt he was a rather funny kid who was SERIOUSLY misled. I'm a "hippacrit"? Well, you are a bad speller, so I guess we are even! Haw!

>You are the liberal here. But you can't fool me. >I have been re-brainwashed over the last 8 years >to seeing only the truth. You are so blind to >the bias media,you don't even understand that >the people you vote for KEEP TAKING MONEY OUT OF >YOUR POCKET, or should I say FOOD OFF your >table!!

Liberal? I prefer pinko commie, if you want to be truly insulting. Your use of the term "re-brainwashed" is curious. So you have been brainwashed twice? Who did it the first time? The commies or the Martians? I'm blind to the biased media? I believe the media is biased, but not quite in the way you think. Our media may have a leftist lean when it comes to certain internal social issues. However it is nowhere near as scathing in its criticism of US foreign or defense policy as it is in attacking anti-abortionists. Politicians taking food off my table? I don't mind them taxing me, as long as they use my money for something constructive, and not building silly defense systems that can't stop a dozen guys armed with nothing but ceramic knives from doing billions of dollars worth of damage and killing over 3000 people.

>This whole 911 attack has taught me that I, as a >political conservative, should no longer try to >educate you liberals. I should ATTACK YOU WITH >THE TRUTH. You're ****ing Tolerance >of "EVERYBODY' has brought this on The REAL >America...ME and MY Fellow AMERICANS.

ATTACK YOU WITH THE TRUTH...hmm sounds like a good name for a Rage Against the Machine album....now those boys are some PISSED off liberals! My tolerance of everybody? Exactly what does tolerance have to do with it? The security agencies in the US dropped the ball, and you are blaming the attacks on the "tolerance" of liberals? Excuse me sir, but can you please explain to me what "tolerance" has to do with it all?

>YOU are not american if you feel one ounce of >pity for this SO CALLED PERSON. Try to unstick >your common sense for a minute and answer this. >WOuld if this asshole never got captured.And >then,after five more years of fighting for the >dickheads over there, he took down another tower >here in america? would you FEEL the same way?

I felt sorry for him because I knew him when he was different. He used to write and say some witty stuff. Kind of like Suburban Poker Man, though admittedly slightly more vulgar. Now if Suburban Poker Man was an impressionable teenager, and he decided to join a Satanic cult that was found to be sacrificing young virgins, I would indeed say he did something wrong. That doesn't mean I didn't find what he wrote funny, and that doesn't mean I wouldn't feel sorry for him. And just so you know, John Walker was reportedly given the choice of participating in the Twin tower attacks or fighting the Northern Alliance. He chose to fight the Northern Alliance.

Obviously, being in cahoots with Osama to begin with is horrible enough, but it is important to note that he didn't seem to have anything to do with the bombing.

>In closing Hetron, GO TO HELL.You see all of us >conservatives have been quiet long enough. It's

Yeah real quiet. Between Bill O'Reilly and Rush Limbaugh and the other yahoos running around, there is enough conservative jabber to last us for years.

>now popular to be conservative (that doesn't >include you centrists).Imagine me screaming this >whole post into your UNamerican countenance.

>with all undue respect.

I don't know if it is popular to be conservative. The problem is, people like Rush and Bill seem to confuse patriotism with conservatism and dissent from popular opinion as anti-Americanism. In fact, neither is the case. Just because you disagree with US defense and foreign policy does not make you un-American. Just because you don't want to bomb anything that moves does not make you un-American. You want to be a real American? Forget that flag on your back windshield (don't people realize this is a driving hazard?) and start an adult literacy program in your community. Do something to make American better. And any time you want to shout your ignorant venom in my face, I can give you an address where we can meet and discuss our differences.