PDA

View Full Version : A fold I should make more?

goofball
08-24-2005, 12:36 PM
I open on the button, blind calls. in 50 hands he's 66/6. Agg doesn't mean anything useful in 50 hands. In other hands he's called all the way with second pair on a 3flushed flop, um. that's the only hand I can remember off the top of my head.

So I open with 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, he calls.

flop is K/images/graemlins/heart.gif K/images/graemlins/club.gif 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

he checks, i bet, he raises, i 3bet, he caps i call.

turn is an 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif

he bets, I fold.

goofball
08-24-2005, 02:06 PM
bump

Wynton
08-24-2005, 02:09 PM
Against an unknown, I do not think this is a fold. In other words, an unknown player, I think, can take these actions with a worse hand than you.

But frankly, I'm not sure how to interpret your remarks about the player.

Redd
08-24-2005, 02:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
In other words, an unknown player, I think, can take these actions with a worse hand than you.

[/ QUOTE ]

What worse hand would an unknown play this way often enough to justify showing down?

goofball
08-24-2005, 02:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Because you don't know what kind of a read those actinos should produce? or because I was rambling and incoherent?

Wynton
08-24-2005, 02:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Because you don't know what kind of a read those actinos should produce? or because I was rambling and incoherent?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I think it's because I don't know how that read would translate into action in this hand. Also, I'm not a "numbers guy" at all.

As for worse hands that could call, I think some people would take the actions of the villain here with a smaller pair.

Roy6
08-24-2005, 02:22 PM
You played this fine IMO.

sammy_g
08-24-2005, 02:24 PM
If you plan to fold to a turn bet, should you instead fold to the flop cap? He is always going to lead the turn, and I don't think we have odds to chase 2 outs on the flop.

goofball
08-24-2005, 02:31 PM
I try when possible to provide more relevant info about the player than a read like "lag" or whatever. Especially if I'm not 100% about what most of their actions mean/will be. This was basically the info I was going on when the hand took place. Also i guess 60/6 didn't feel complete, I wasn't ready to classify him as a passive monkey calling station yet.

Maulik
08-24-2005, 02:36 PM
I think you have to call this down.

mikeyKay
08-24-2005, 02:57 PM
if my math is right, we break it down like this:

4 bets preflop
8 bets flop
12 SBs

6 BB's on the turn, its going to cost us 2 more to get to a showdown, and hes going to throw 2 more in...so our odds are 1:4 to call him down. I think we can beat an unknown (seemingly loose/not top notch) opponent enough to show a profit.

-mike

baronzeus
08-24-2005, 02:59 PM
Hi goofball:

The main reason I don't think you can fold here is because most opponents don't play a king like this on the flop. I think it's more likely you're up against A3 or possibly 33. I call down.

Guy Incognito
08-24-2005, 03:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If you plan to fold to a turn bet, should you instead fold to the flop cap? He is always going to lead the turn, and I don't think we have odds to chase 2 outs on the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't understand this either. If I'm calling the cap, I'm calling a non-scare card turn for sure.

goofball
08-24-2005, 09:12 PM
I almost always make this calldown heads up and I did this time as well. It just got me thinking it might be a default play that needs checking. After some reflection I do think it was a good calldown. He showed K7, meh.