PDA

View Full Version : Last day at my job

nolanfan34
08-24-2005, 11:31 AM
Is there anything better than the last day at a job, where you're leaving on good terms? That's my situation today, and it's great.

I start my new job on Monday, which will mean a drastic reduction in my OOT/2+2 time. But thanks to all who have provided plenty of laughs for the slow times at my outgoing job.

My new job also requires me to be mortal enemies with Bison I think, and I'm not sure what to think about that. Otherwise it's pretty exciting. /images/graemlins/grin.gif Thanks to those who offered me some thoughts on negotiating as well. You know who you are.

mmbt0ne
08-24-2005, 11:35 AM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">En réponse à:</font><hr />
My new job also requires me to be mortal enemies with Bison I think, and I'm not sure what to think about that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you the guy who does the ya-HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO yodle?

Wes ManTooth
08-24-2005, 11:38 AM
good luck at the new job

nolanfan34
08-24-2005, 11:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
My new job also requires me to be mortal enemies with Bison I think, and I'm not sure what to think about that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you the guy who does the ya-HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO yodle?

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha, no. Different arch-enemy company.

jakethebake
08-24-2005, 11:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Haha, no. Different arch-enemy company.

[/ QUOTE ]

I assume the one located in the Seattle area. I have a friend there. What will you be doing for them?

Oh, and good luck.

Shajen
08-24-2005, 11:44 AM
Damnit, now all I can think of are annoying tech company slogans....

EXPEDIADOTCOM....damn you mmbtone

Congrats on the new job Nolan. Too bad you won't be around OOT as much.

SomethingClever
08-24-2005, 11:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
My new job also requires me to be mortal enemies with Bison I think

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah... working on the new secret, evil Microsoft search engine that will soon swallow our souls?

Boris
08-24-2005, 12:03 PM
You're not going to work for the Evil Empire are you?

nolanfan34
08-24-2005, 12:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, it was good enough for Ed Miller for a while, before he decided to get all famous as a best-selling author. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

But yeah, cue the Imperial March music.

kerssens
08-24-2005, 12:13 PM
awesome, good luck!

kerssens
08-24-2005, 12:19 PM
does this mean you're moving up to civilization?

SomethingClever
08-24-2005, 12:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, it was good enough for Ed Miller for a while, before he decided to get all famous as a best-selling author. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, congrats! It'll be quite a ride, I'm sure.

If you haven't already, read "Microserfs" by Douglas Coupland.

I'm not joking... it's a really good book. And if you lived and worked in Seattle around the time of the tech boom, it's especially nostalgic.

Have fun at the new gig! Goodbye 2/4.... hello 300/600!

Boris
08-24-2005, 12:21 PM
Ed Miller is a bad, bad man.

M2d
08-24-2005, 12:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey, it was good enough for Ed Miller for a while, before he decided to get all famous as a best-selling author.

[/ QUOTE ]

Man, you're like 15 years too late.
congrats and good luck

turnipmonster
08-24-2005, 12:36 PM
what will you be doing? development? mktg?

nolanfan34
08-24-2005, 12:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Internal communications and probably some speechwriting.

And to answer Kerssens, yeah, we'll be moving closer to civilization. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

stabn
08-24-2005, 01:29 PM
http://sugarmrpoon.com/images/fooled.jpg

Nolan fans real imperial master.

Al P
08-24-2005, 01:35 PM
Don't feel too bad about being at MS, Google is slowly taking over as "big brother".

I've stopped using all their products except Adwords.

wayabvpar
08-24-2005, 02:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

And to answer Kerssens, yeah, we'll be moving closer to civilization. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I expect to see you Sunday mornings at Diamond Lil's when you get settled.

istewart
08-24-2005, 02:58 PM
Death to Mozilla.

IHateKeithSmart
08-24-2005, 03:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Congrats nf. I know a lot of folks there and consulted for them for a couple of years. Great company to work for wrt benefits and advancement opportunities (regardless of the world's opinions).

nolanfan34
08-24-2005, 03:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Congrats nf. I know a lot of folks there and consulted for them for a couple of years. Great company to work for wrt benefits and advancement opportunities (regardless of the world's opinions).

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for your thoughts. I know I'm "15 years too late" and all, but somehow I think they'll be around for a bit. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

You're right about the benefits though. Not having to pay a penny for health care is awesome.

wayabvpar
08-24-2005, 03:04 PM
Are you on campus or in one of other sites?

meep_42
08-24-2005, 03:35 PM
Awesome. My last day is next Friday! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

-d

stabn
08-24-2005, 03:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Are you on campus or in one of other sites?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm going to go out on a limb on this one and say he's on campus.

Nathan183
08-24-2005, 03:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Don't feel too bad about being at MS, Google is slowly taking over as "big brother".

I've stopped using all their products except Adwords.

[/ QUOTE ]

Care to explain?

stabn
08-24-2005, 03:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I expect to see you Sunday mornings at Diamond Lil's when you get settled.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sweet. Maybe he can buy us in at 9:00 so we can just show up at 10 andd play /images/graemlins/smile.gif.

wayabvpar
08-24-2005, 03:50 PM
I like that idea. Waiting for the tourney to start after I buy in is one of the longer hours of my week (my Tuesday staff meeting far surpasses it for outright boredom, much to my chagrin).

Haven't seen you down there for awhile. Been getting your beauty sleep instead of spewing chips? /images/graemlins/grin.gif

felson
08-24-2005, 03:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for your thoughts. I know I'm "15 years too late" and all, but somehow I think they'll be around for a bit. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

You're right about the benefits though. Not having to pay a penny for health care is awesome.

[/ QUOTE ]

heh heh. somehow i'm reminded of the "scorpio" episode of the simpsons. i mean, those guys got hammocks and everything.

seriously, though, congrats! and good luck.

stabn
08-24-2005, 03:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I like that idea. Waiting for the tourney to start after I buy in is one of the longer hours of my week (my Tuesday staff meeting far surpasses it for outright boredom, much to my chagrin).

Haven't seen you down there for awhile. Been getting your beauty sleep instead of spewing chips? /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yah why get up at 8 to shower and drive down there when i can get up at 10 and start playing at the same time? I've thought about playing the last few weeks but after getting up i was just said [censored] it and logged into party.

bernie
08-24-2005, 04:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Is there anything better than the last day at a job, where you're leaving on good terms?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think just leaving on your own terms is great.

Suprisingly, even though the way I went out on my last job, which was damn satisfying, I'm still on good terms with many of the people who are now in charge. Meaning, the friggin' idiot who used to run it got demoted to a much reduced role. /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif The moron.

Anyways, right on!

Congrats!

Hope to meet up with ya again sometime.

b

nolanfan34
08-24-2005, 05:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Suprisingly, even though the way I went out on my last job, which was damn satisfying, I'm still on good terms with many of the people who are now in charge. Meaning, the friggin' idiot who used to run it got demoted to a much reduced role. /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif The moron.

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha, I remember that story. Now that's a good beat!