PDA

View Full Version : HU w/ LAG villian and overs

Borno
08-24-2005, 11:03 AM
Villian is lag, I'm OOP and I don't want to get into a war but I want to see the river - thoughts? -- anyone find a bet or raise here?

edit: I figure I have 12 outs as per usual here and a small % of the time have the best hand

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP1 calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (4.25 BB) 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (6.25 BB) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP1 checks.

Final Pot: 6.25 BB

aargh57
08-24-2005, 11:14 AM
I'm betting out the flop and turn as a semi-bluff with also a good possibility that you still have the best hand. I'm not as sure if he keeps calling you but I think that it may be a good river bet also.

GrunchCan
08-24-2005, 11:18 AM
I CR the flop. Against a LAG, there's a strong possibility you have the best hand here. If you don't, you have a ton of equity in the pot and can stand a 3-bet.

Duerig
08-24-2005, 11:35 AM
I'm not very strong HU but I usually check raise this flop and lead the turn. You usually have a ton of equity on this flop and you have a good chance at getting the villain to fold the turn UI.

Also, minor note, I think you have 15 outs, not 12.

WSOP Bound
08-24-2005, 11:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Also, minor note, I think you have 15 outs, not 12.

[/ QUOTE ]

On the flop it's somewhere between 12 and 15. The Qs give J9 a straight. I'd say 14 or 14.5 is probably reasonable. On the turn I think you need to discount it even further because a Q would give anyone with a J the straight.

krimson
08-24-2005, 11:47 AM
Since you 3-bet pre-flop I think you need to lead the flop here. You will take it down pretty often I think unless villian hit the board or has a pp, and you have plenty of outs if not. A c/r on the flop is okay, but I think it ties villian to the pot and you will almost always need to follow it up with a turn bet to make him fold. Not to mention the fact that we are likely ahead here, and don't want to let him take a free card when we have the equity edge.

GrunchCan
08-24-2005, 11:54 AM
Yes, I agree. Somehow I thought that Hero didn't have the lead PF, or something... I don't know what I thought.

Going for a CR on this flop would be bad. I retract what I said earlier.

WSOP Bound
08-24-2005, 11:59 AM
I'd estimate 13 outs here (9 FD, 2 Aces(Discounted), 2 Queens (Discounted)). When you include the chance that you are ahead you probably have a slight edge here, which means that a c/r could potentially be profitable. However against a LAG I'm not sure that I like this line. If he is bluffing I want to continue to allow him to do so, and if he is ahead then raising my draw is barely better than a break even proposition.

I think I call here and then take a check/call line on the turn and river UI. If I spike an A/Q somewhere along I bet that street and call a raise. If I catch the flush.../images/graemlins/grin.gif

edit: !@#$!@#$...I read the other posts about c/r and was thinking specifically about the action after villian bets the flop. I agree with krimson and think that we need to lead the flop ourselves here.

numeri
08-24-2005, 12:16 PM
I've taken to continuing in these hands where I have the lead from pre-flop and I now have a strong draw. If I'm behind, I might get a better hand to fold. If not, and a good card hits on the turn, I have lots of options - particularly against a LAG. (I love a PFR, flop bet, then turn C/R after they think you've missed. It pisses them off, and can take the AG out of their LAGginess next time you miss on the turn.)