PDA

View Full Version : Best Music Software

LetYouDown
08-24-2005, 11:02 AM
I've been a devoted Winamp user since I'd even heard of MP3s. I noticed a lot of my friends use Windows Media Player, which I personally can't stand. Should I stick with Winamp or is there some other software out there that I may not have heard of that's worthwhile?

I find myself wanting to organize my songs, but I never get around to it. I went through the painstaking process of formatting every Artist/Track in the ID3 tags exactly how I want them, but I don't have much in the way of Album info/Genre info. I very rarely use the Media Library or playlists (I just add the folder that contains all of my music into the playlist). Does anyone have an interesting method of addressing this problem?

If there is any software (including Winamp) that has a particular feature you love that I might not be familiar with, please share.

benza13
08-24-2005, 11:05 AM
This is exactly what I do, in fact I probably could have made this post myself. I think the best question is how do people stand to use Windows Media Player?

swede123
08-24-2005, 11:07 AM
I just don't understand all the hatred towards WMP. I like to use my music player to play music, and media player does this OK. Are there some super secret super cool uses I am unaware of?

Swede

sammy_g
08-24-2005, 11:10 AM
I use iTunes.

* It's easy to use.
* Organizes my music by genre/artist/album and keeps my mp3 files organized in folders.
* Works well with my iPod.

Downsides are it's a bit bloated. As far as I know, it also doesn't support OGG files if you care about that.

LetYouDown
08-24-2005, 11:13 AM
I don't like the interface in WMP. Everything seems counter-intuitive to me. The only thing I use it for is video playback. I could never get into Winamp for that.

unlucky513
08-24-2005, 11:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I use iTunes.

* It's easy to use.
* Organizes my music by genre/artist/album and keeps my mp3 files organized in folders.

Downsides are it's a bit bloated. As far as I know, it also doesn't support OGG files if you care about that.

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't like how you can't queue songs in iTunes

sammy_g
08-24-2005, 11:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
You can, I think. Look at "Party Shuffle."

Soul Daddy
08-24-2005, 11:28 AM
Winamp is superior to all.

mmbt0ne
08-24-2005, 11:31 AM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">En réponse à:</font><hr />
</font><blockquote><font class="small">En réponse à:</font><hr />
I use iTunes.

* It's easy to use.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not entirely sure what you mean. You can make a list of songs and have it go through that in order, if that's what you're talking about.

LetYouDown
08-24-2005, 11:33 AM
Are there any plugins for Winamp that you use consistently? I haven't really found any that interest me, but I'm sure there are some useful ones out there. I was considering authoring one...but I'm on vacation and don't have a decent C++ compiler on this computer.

Soul Daddy
08-24-2005, 11:48 AM
I've messed around with some, but like you I haven't really found any that I use much.

TheIrishThug
08-24-2005, 11:49 AM
winamp for music
wmp for video
itunes for the ipod and getting shared music w/ mytunes

LetYouDown
08-24-2005, 12:02 PM
Any particular Winamp Skin you use/love? I've stuck with MMD3 and I just can't switch to anything else. I tend to use the mini version (arranged vertically). If all software were as well designed and visually intuitive/appealing, the world would be a better place.

cold_cash
08-24-2005, 12:13 PM
I use Winamp to listen, but for the tagging and organizing, etc., I like MusicMatch Jukebox.

(But you have toget the 'Pro' version for 'super tagging' and some of the more kick ass features.)

Soul Daddy
08-24-2005, 12:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I use Winamp to listen, but for the tagging and organizing, etc., I like MusicMatch Jukebox.

(But you have toget the 'Pro' version for 'super tagging' and some of the more kick ass features.)

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree with this. MusicMatch Pro is the best I have found for ripping.

LetYouDown
08-24-2005, 12:24 PM
Brief description of "super tagging"?