PDA

View Full Version : AK capped PF HU w/ dead money

08-24-2005, 10:58 AM
BB is (138) 34.8 2.9 40.4 af0.6

I feel uncomfortable calling down, it's something I usually do when I'm unsure. I don't see a raise, so maybe I should have folded somewhere like the turn? Or did I play it right?

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif. MP1 posts a blind of $2.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, Button calls, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, Button folds, SB folds, BB calls.

Flop: (13 SB) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (7.50 BB) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

River: (9.50 BB) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: 11.50 BB

sy_or_bust
08-24-2005, 11:03 AM
The pot is large, and BB is the perfect opponent to raise the turn against. He won't reraise an overpair, might fold AK (or better..), and will allow you to showdown for free on the river.

Looking again, he isn't the "perfect" opponent because he rarely raises preflop and probably holds a big pair. But if you are calling down, raising is the way to do it.

MoP_86
08-24-2005, 11:09 AM
Id raise the flop to see where Im at and possibly get a free card on the turn. If i dont improve on the turn and villain still shows stength i would have to let the hand go.

08-24-2005, 11:10 AM
I thought about that turn raise, but I thought it'd smell like a bluff, so he'd prolly call. Also I didn't want to be donk bet on the river. I figure it's pretty much a fold to a 3-bet then? How about if I raise turn &amp; he bets the river?

krishanleong
08-24-2005, 11:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]

The pot is large, and BB is the perfect opponent to raise the turn against.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't like it. What do you do if 3-bet?

Krishan

molawn2mo
08-24-2005, 11:19 AM
As played, I think you must fold the river. At best, it's a chop. With PF raise stats like that you may have been drawing to 3 outs from the start.

I actually think that you ought have folded the turn for the same reasons as above.

08-24-2005, 11:26 AM
I think if you're gonna cap preflop, you should raise the flop so see where you're at/freecard rather than just calling down. Raising the turn is a terrible idea in my opinion. He's not aggressive. You capped preflop and he bets out the flop. He goes to showdown 40%. He's not folding.

Nick C
08-24-2005, 11:37 AM
138 hands certainly isn't going to tell us BB's precise range, but we do know he raises infrequently preflop.

3 percent (however reliable that may be at this point) is something like AA-QQ and AK. AA-TT and AKs is another possible range.

But he didn't just raise this time. He 3-bet out of the BB and then didn't let your cap slow him down on the flop (even though he's a pretty passive postflop player).

I don't think it's looking good. I might just give up on the turn and fold.

sy_or_bust
08-24-2005, 11:40 AM
Fold.

In most situations I will c/c, c/c, c/f here, but there is enough dead money in to want a showdown more often than not. Against this specific villain you can probably find a fold, but I'm assuming OP wants a showdown.

Then, if there is a possibility of knocking out the AK/AQs part of Villain's range, I'm going to raise the turn as the last money I put in the pot. The board makes this look particularly bluffy, which is something I didn't consider so much originally, but it's much better than call/call/call.