PDA

View Full Version : I support Google Talk. Come on in, the water's fine.

bisonbison
08-24-2005, 10:05 AM
Sup champs. As most of you know, I work for Google, specifically Gmail.

More specifically, I do tech support for Gmail. I now also support Google Talk, Google's new IM product and stuff.

If you send an email to bisonbison@gmail.com and tell me who you are on 2+2, I will invite you to Talk (which also gets you a Gmail invite if you don't have a Gmail account) as soon as I am able to. If you have a gmail account, you can just go here (http://www.google.com/talk/) to get Talk, sign in with your Gmail account and send me an email so that I can add you as a friend. If you try to add bisonbison as a friend, you will chat with no one.

Please note: you will not be invited from my bisonbison account, because that just forwards to my real account. You will be invited from my real account and then we can pretend to chat for a few minutes while I try to do my job.

If you are not thinking right now this is not a money-making offer. This will A) get you a free Gmail account if you don't have one; B) let you try out Google's new chat/voice client; C) let you be bisonbison's internet chat friend unless he gets tired of you and blocks you; D) that's it.

Bump this thread for jollies.

In other news:

There will be no August Dear Bison thread. I needed a break from 2+2 to recharge my actual wisdom. I am once again wise, so there will be a September Dear Bison thread.

I will never work on the converter again.

I love you all.

Bison.

IndieMatty
08-24-2005, 10:13 AM
God, I can't find the cowpoop picture. I'm already on this, "emailmatt".

Say hello to Hammy for me.

mslif
08-24-2005, 10:21 AM
I love it! Thanks

kurosh
08-24-2005, 10:23 AM
You haven't emailed me back yet /images/graemlins/frown.gif

SippinSoma
08-24-2005, 10:24 AM
BCunha. Invited you. This looks cool.

kurosh
08-24-2005, 10:28 AM
Does it log all the conversations permanently? It says it logs recent conversations.

SL__72
08-24-2005, 10:29 AM
This is kinda cool. It works sort of like a mini Outlook for my google account too.

bisonbison
08-24-2005, 10:30 AM
If you choose to log conversations, it'll store them in your Gmail account.

partygirluk
08-24-2005, 10:31 AM
Google is a brilliant company.

jakethebake
08-24-2005, 10:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Google is a brilliant company.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. It will be interesting to see how they monetize their user base beyond search.

kurosh
08-24-2005, 10:34 AM
I predict sometime in the future, when google software is everywhere, google will activate their backdoor and use their domination of all computers to rule the world.

Freakin
08-24-2005, 10:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

omg, that's hot.

Freakin

jakethebake
08-24-2005, 10:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I predict sometime in the future, when google software is everywhere, google will activate their backdoor and use their domination of all computers to rule the world.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. As I recall I asked bison about this, he said Q4 of 2006 was the scheduled date for world domination. Be prepared.

mlh2e
08-24-2005, 11:04 AM
Will we know for sure when all telephones in the world ring at the same time?

lucas9000
08-24-2005, 11:04 AM
you, and google, rock. when is google just going to cut to the chase and come out with its own os? i'll be first in line /images/graemlins/smile.gif

jakethebake
08-24-2005, 11:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Will we know for sure when all telephones in the world ring at the same time?

[/ QUOTE ]

Will they bother with the phones, or will we all just hear the ringing in our heads simultaneously?

mmbt0ne
08-24-2005, 11:11 AM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">En réponse à:</font><hr />

[/ QUOTE ]

Like Skynet in Terminator 3.

Voltron87
08-24-2005, 11:13 AM
i talked to one person on this last night.

its awesome.

google.are.geniuses.

mlh2e
08-24-2005, 11:19 AM
I guess Bison will have to answer this. Where's the Bison signal?

bisonbison
08-24-2005, 11:23 AM
Will they bother with the phones, or will we all just hear the ringing in our heads simultaneously?

"heads"

mlh2e
08-24-2005, 11:26 AM
Is this to insinuate that Google may be responsible for the 4400? Because if it does, that would be a killer plot twist.

Worrots
08-24-2005, 01:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's just ..... cool. One of those ideas that's obvious in retrospect, but no one implemented beforehand. Someone at AIM is spending the day running around trying to figure out how to copy it, I bet.

No Mac version yet, I see. Any idea when?

Off to test the iChat compatibility.

SL__72
08-24-2005, 01:22 PM
I've got a question for you about gmail actually. Why, when I recieve a really long email (like a hand history) does the message get clipped? Is that a setting? Since it allows me to look at the original text of the message it isn't a big deal, but if there is something I can do it'd be nice.

RiverFenix
08-24-2005, 01:25 PM
Google uses Jabber so a mac version shouldnt be too far off as the jabber libs for mac have been around for a while.

I wonder if theyll even bother releasing the new google search bar for macs though...

Al P
08-24-2005, 01:29 PM
What are we chopped liver? (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&amp;Number=3220472&amp;page=1&amp;view=colla psed&amp;sb=5&amp;o=14&amp;fpart=1)

Already posted.

bisonbison
08-24-2005, 01:48 PM
What are we chopped liver?

Already posted.

It's my product. I am an internet celebrity. So, yes.

usmfan
08-24-2005, 01:58 PM
Dear Bison:

Is Google going to take over the world? Will shareholders profit from that takeover?

BoogerFace
08-24-2005, 04:57 PM
Bison,

Any plans for a pocket pc client? Microphones connected to PCs are a major pain in the arse with Skype.

08-24-2005, 05:00 PM
oh joy, another IM. how "innovative" of Google. what's next, Google introduces dial-up modem?

ddubois
08-24-2005, 05:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I know you'll ignore this message, but what is the state of the convertor? As in, did anything ever happen with the open source plan? Or does anyone besides you have access to the source code, so that work can be done on it, even if you will not?

IndieMatty
08-24-2005, 05:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I know you'll ignore this message, but what is the state of the convertor? As in, did anything ever happen with the open source plan? Or does anyone besides you have access to the source code, so that work can be done on it, even if you will not?

[/ QUOTE ]

theres a thread in the general hold em area with this.

Nathan183
08-24-2005, 05:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
oh joy, another IM. how "innovative" of Google. what's next, Google introduces dial-up modem?

[/ QUOTE ]

What a completely ignorant statement.

It may not be completely new, but Google's voice calling is pretty innovative. Not everything Google does is revolutionary, but so far when they do something that has been done before, like search, maps, e-mail, etc. they've made vast improvements upon the competition.

sublime
08-24-2005, 05:19 PM

can you send me an email? its in my profile, i have something to ask you and your impossible to get a hold of /images/graemlins/smile.gif

hope all is well btw

bisonbison
08-24-2005, 05:30 PM
Damn Google and their free products! Forcing me to post on the internet in complaint!

Jack of Arcades
08-24-2005, 06:45 PM
Add me so I can have a full list.

wondermouse@gmail.com

MadMat
08-24-2005, 07:09 PM
I just downloaded this too, pokermat if anyone is out there!

Mat

wonderwes
08-24-2005, 08:59 PM
someone add me
wonderouswes@gmail.com

GuyOnTilt
08-24-2005, 09:06 PM
http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/epic

GoT

phil_ivey_fan
08-24-2005, 09:07 PM
----------- JUST FOUND THE ABOUT SECTION -----------

quick questions:

is there going to be further development to include the ability to...
...chat (and eventually "talk") with AIM/ICG/MSN users?
...work on a computer where the user doesn't have priviledges to install software (AIM EXPRESS?)

Nathan183
08-24-2005, 09:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe I'm just a moron, but I can't find them in my Gmail account. Where are they exactly?

gorie
08-24-2005, 09:36 PM
apparently i can't add myself to my buddy list. this is disappointing. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

spamuell
08-24-2005, 09:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
apparently i can't add myself to my buddy list. this is disappointing. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

lol i tried this too. I'm on my aim and msn buddy lists and possibly yahoo, I don't remember because I never use it.

gorie
08-24-2005, 09:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol i tried this too. I'm on my aim and msn buddy lists and possibly yahoo, I don't remember because I never use it.

[/ QUOTE ]
yep! i like to know whether or not i am online. i wanted to try the google thing but it's not worth having to get complicated and talking to an actual person.

B Dids
08-24-2005, 10:50 PM
I kinda like this. It's very clean, but it's not like I'd stop using AIM or MSN or anything.

Dazarath
08-24-2005, 10:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe I'm just a moron, but I can't find them in my Gmail account. Where are they exactly?

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe the website says that the logs are stored locally on your computer. But then again, the question is, where are they stored exactly? I'm wondering as well..

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ha, I guess I'm not the only person to try this. /images/graemlins/mad.gif

bisonbison
08-25-2005, 07:55 PM
My bad. They're not stored in your Gmail. Feature request it.

wonderwes
08-25-2005, 09:59 PM
I tried using the call feature, but the person never heard anything on my mic. Is this option working on the beta?

bdk3clash
08-25-2005, 10:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I tried using the call feature, but the person never heard anything on my mic. Is this option working on the beta?

[/ QUOTE ]
It works.

Luv2DriveTT
08-25-2005, 10:09 PM
OOT:

Pick the best bluetooth headset. Must be compatable with cell phones, as well as Google Talk.

TT /images/graemlins/club.gif

mikeyvegas
08-26-2005, 03:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/epic

GoT

[/ QUOTE ]

I had never seen that before, thanks for linking it. Very interesting and creative.

pokerdirty
08-26-2005, 04:13 AM
like usual, no love for mac users.

(please don't turn this into a windoze/mac flame war)

Lawrence Ng
08-26-2005, 06:29 PM
add me if you like: flopboyz@gmail.com

Lawrence