PDA

View Full Version : Better aggression?

Womble
08-24-2005, 09:43 AM
Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP with 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (6 SB) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 4/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls, SB calls.

Turn: (4.50 BB) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB folds, BB calls.

River: (8.50 BB) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls.

Final Pot: 12.50 BB

I thought about being fancy on the flop since although there are draws, they are VERY unlikey draws. 2 low cards to the straight will not be there much so I slowplayed.

I thought about sloplaying the turn but I remembered if I waited until the river, the draws will not call me there so my best chance of getting any more money was to raise the turn and knowck out SB.

On the river, I was bet into here and I would usually call. I nearly did just call but the 3 hasnt helped any hand and if there was a straight on the turn I would expect a 3bet or C/R here. What hands would bet? I was thinking A9, or some dodgy 2 pair and lower set too.

Hows my thinking? Was the river raise good? What do I do if 3bet?

TheCaptain
08-24-2005, 11:44 AM
This is standard, give the SB a card to catch up. Raise the turn and river. If you are 3-bet, cap it.