PDA

View Full Version : 3/6nl KQs, unorthodox play

fisherman112
08-24-2005, 06:56 AM
5 handed 3/6nl
hero 1500, villain in bb 700
villain is the only other winning player in the game and respects my play. i have been opening a lot of pots and leading for 2/3 of the pot on the flop about 85% of the time.

hero opens for 20 utg with K /images/graemlins/diamond.gifQ /images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 3 folds to villain who calls.

A /images/graemlins/heart.gif2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif7 /images/graemlins/club.gif (pot 40)
villain checks, hero checks

5 /images/graemlins/spade.gif (pot 40)
villain checks, hero bets 25, villain raises to 75, hero calls

8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif (pot 200)
villain pauses for about 10 seconds and checks, hero bets 125

really this hand was completly read dependant and i was certain villain was not value raising on the turn. the question im asking is whether you like 3-betting the turn against a probable c/r bluff better than calling and bet/raising the river.

p.s. dont tell me to bet the flop or bet more on the turn. it was a situational decision and this is not my standard line.

meleader2
08-24-2005, 06:59 AM
what the hell are you asking/posting this for then if you don't want criticism

fisherman112
08-24-2005, 07:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
the question im asking is whether you like 3-betting the turn against a probable c/r bluff better than calling and bet/raising the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

GimmeDaWatch
08-24-2005, 07:40 AM
Well if his check-raise wasn't for value then you dont need to bet the river right? Ok ok, I think waiting for the river is better, b/c a)he could be semi-bluffing, however unlikely, and will call a reraise. Ok forget it, he's not semi-bluffing or b)you dont put in any more money until he shows weakness and confirm your suspicions.

JooWish622
08-24-2005, 10:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
5 handed 3/6nl
hero 1500, villain in bb 700
villain is the only other winning player in the game and respects my play. i have been opening a lot of pots and leading for 2/3 of the pot on the flop about 85% of the time.

hero opens for 20 utg with K /images/graemlins/diamond.gifQ /images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 3 folds to villain who calls.

A /images/graemlins/heart.gif2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif7 /images/graemlins/club.gif (pot 40)
villain checks, hero checks

5 /images/graemlins/spade.gif (pot 40)
villain checks, hero bets 25, villain raises to 75, hero calls

8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif (pot 200)
villain pauses for about 10 seconds and checks, hero bets 125

really this hand was completly read dependant and i was certain villain was not value raising on the turn. the question im asking is whether you like 3-betting the turn against a probable c/r bluff better than calling and bet/raising the river.

p.s. dont tell me to bet the flop or bet more on the turn. it was a situational decision and this is not my standard line.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, just to give you a numbers check, if you re-raise the turn, you're investing 250 to win 140, which is 5:3, better than 2:1, not counting a river bluff of say 400 which makes it 650: 390, but if he calls you on the turn, hes likely following up but a 3 or a 4 could give you some more fold equity.

If you delay river bluff, say by raising his 100 bet to 300, you're investing 350 (300+plus turn call) to win about 220, worse than 2:1.

With this done, I have little more to offer but say that there are 8 cards on the river which would really scare opp and could just result in a check/call line from him if he has an A. If one of those 8 cards dont come and he bets get raised, I assume if you're tryin to bluff him, he will likely release most of his one pair hands.

However, if one of those 8 straight cards come and you raised the turn, your previous action and river blfuf would probably be enough to move him off some two pair hands.

I have a feeling you should probably raise him here on the turn because being OOP, he might just check with the intention of calling the river with an A or better, thus taking away your play of blowing him off the pot. Plus, you won't blow him off the pot if one of those 8 cards come and he bets, i personally dont think you have the balls.