PDA

View Full Version : AK hand - is it worth calling HU?

Interested
08-24-2005, 05:02 AM
Hi, only 8 hands on opponent (his VPIP 87%, but I don't think so /images/graemlins/smile.gif )

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 caps</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (13.50 SB) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (9.75 BB) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (11.75 BB) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 13.75 BB

Is it turn fold? Or it is Ok to call 2 BB...

ebranig
08-24-2005, 08:34 AM
First let me say that this hand depends on your read on this dude, if he's going crazy then this is fine.

Having said that, against a normal, non-tilting player I think this line is awful.

Hands that normal players cap with HU OOP: AA, KK, QQ, JJ (maybe), AKs, AKo.

From the flop action I think we can eliminate JJ (no club)which means that we beat villain none of the time and split against AK without the ace of clubs.

Having said this, I don't know where I get away from this hand...

dantheman_05
08-24-2005, 08:55 AM
call him down. dont give these yahoo online to much credit based on how strong they play a hand. you have TPTK and he couls easily have somehting stupid like AQ JJ with J club etc...at least call for info sinse you have no reads on him.

Bill C
08-24-2005, 09:58 AM
You are in a tough spot with this hand. You have what amounts to a very weak draw against a player who has played aggressively. The board is highly coordinated and not in any way to help your hand. The pot is "big" but mostly because you made it so.

You don't want to see the A/images/graemlins/club.gif fall, so there are two Aces and two Kings that will improve your hand. But even if you get one of them there's a very good chance that you will lose, and some chance that you are already essentially drawing dead.

With str8 and flush draws out there, I think without any decent read, I fold when he 3-bets the flop. If you absolutely MUST take one off, then I'd fold UI on the turn. If your 23/1 shot comes in with a King, you'd have 10 outs to a FH on the river.

The section in SSH on playing overcards is very good, and applies to this hand in a big way. If you haven't read that book, I suggest it to you; it is, by very far, the best poker book I've ever read. (If you have the book, turn to page 221.)

Good luck...
bill