PDA

View Full Version : Did I do the right thing with these 10s?

KSOT
08-24-2005, 04:49 AM
Button is calling station who cold called every single one of my pre-flop raises thus far (80 hands into the session). UTG just sat down, no read.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with T/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (9.50 SB) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, Hero calls, Button calls.

Turn: (6.25 BB) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, UTG calls, Hero folds.

River: (8.25 BB) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, UTG calls.

Final Pot: 10.25 BB

Raise that flop? Bet/call the turn?

Nick Royale
08-24-2005, 05:37 AM
Without a read on utg I would fold the flop. With a read telling me he's likely to bet 2nd (or worse) pair or a draw I raise, bet the turn and aim for a free sd.

DrunkHamster
08-24-2005, 06:28 AM
I would call 1 on the flop, like you did, for 3 reasons. Firstly, we have fairly large implied odds here - if we hit the case T, we have a very good chance of winning 10BB by the end of the hand. We also have the T /images/graemlins/spade.gif so if we make our set, it doesn't complete a flush. Lastly, (and this is probably the least strong reason) I think that folding for one after a PFR does encourage people to take shots at you - not a problem if we make our hand, but a real pain in the ass if we have underpairs or overcards.

SavageMiser
08-24-2005, 10:05 AM
I'm not laying the tens down on the flop, so I'm raising. The button probably shouldn't be in the hand anyway, so at least make him pay a bit. (A raise knocks his odds down to 6.25:1 instead of 11.5:1 and he won't know if he's closing the action.)

People donk these types of flops all the time with draws, so I'm not going to give UTG credit for an ace just yet.

And yeah, the turn really bites, but a flop raise -- and hopefully a missing button -- would have made it easier to deal with. (If I raise on the flop and button folds, UTG calls, then the overcard comes on the turn, I fold to a lead bet or check behind.)

benkath1
08-24-2005, 10:17 AM
I'm a fan of raising the flop. Second pair and BDFD folowing your preflop raise. If he'll cold call with anything less than an A, you want him in there trying to suck out on you.

ellipse_87
08-24-2005, 10:40 AM
With a calling station to your left, hand-protection isn't available to you; so call and fold to the 2nd overcard. Then find a new table. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

imported_The Vibesman
08-24-2005, 10:49 AM
I'd usually raise this flop, UTG may just be donking at this with a lower pair, or even the str8 draw. I lead the turn and fold to a checkraise. If button is out by the river and UTG checks, I attempt to decide if I can bet for value, but probably wuss out and check behind. If button has tagged along the whole time, that makes it harder.

KSOT
08-24-2005, 01:33 PM
UTG took this pot down with pocket 5s. I was so mad!