PDA

View Full Version : a hand i just plaeyd.

Victor
08-24-2005, 04:40 AM
i raise in co with k9o and sb calls. flop is 8jj. check i bet and sb raises and i call. turn is q. sb bets and i raise...

FrankTheTank
08-24-2005, 04:50 AM
uh kinda hard to reply to without reads. Assuming he's just your average laggro I try this way too much and it seems to work approx 0% of the time. If you're sure he's full of it you could just call I guess and hope for a free showdown, or call a river bet. If you have a very specific read though it's fine.

wheelz
08-24-2005, 04:52 AM
Yeah, I'll do this against players who I know respect me and know how to fold. Readless, it's probably wishful thinking

Victor
08-24-2005, 05:08 AM
i had no reads at this point.

Victor
08-24-2005, 05:09 AM
but if he is a laggro his chance of having anything is not very high.....

FrankTheTank
08-24-2005, 05:35 AM
ya I wasn't suggesting a fold, I'd probably just call but really all three options seem kinda stinky here. you're right though, he probably has nothing and giving him a free chance to beat you sucks, but the average party sh goon isn't gonna fold an ace here is he? against me he won't, but then again I'm one of those silly laggros and I'm trying to get myself in check. hands like this are all about timing, feel, etc., so either way I think it's close.