PDA

View Full Version : Playing Sheriff to Establish a Reputation (probably low content)

08-24-2005, 03:57 AM
Does anyone at the higher stakes do this so that in future SnGs people won't steal their blinds?

bawcerelli
08-24-2005, 04:06 AM
when you say in the future, do you mean later on in the same sng, or in a different sng? anyway, i've found that if you're tricky/sneaky/deceptive/capable of putting moves on others, your competition will tend to leave you alone come blind time. they fear your superior poker skills, not the fact that you can play sheriff. ( and by play sheriff i assume you just mean coming over the top with big raises, shoving all in, stuff like that)

08-24-2005, 05:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
when you say in the future, do you mean later on in the same sng, or in a different sng? anyway, i've found that if you're tricky/sneaky/deceptive/capable of putting moves on others, your competition will tend to leave you alone come blind time. they fear your superior poker skills, not the fact that you can play sheriff. ( and by play sheriff i assume you just mean coming over the top with big raises, shoving all in, stuff like that)

[/ QUOTE ]

I mean future SnGs.

tigerite
08-24-2005, 06:07 AM
I rarely see the same player twice at all, let alone in a week, or a night, so it's just not worth it.

08-24-2005, 06:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I rarely see the same player twice at all, let alone in a week, or a night, so it's just not worth it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was under the impression that in the 109s and 215s you actually do. Just flat wrong?