PDA

View Full Version : Helping a 2+2'er not be self destructive.....

wacki
08-24-2005, 03:37 AM
I have a friend who is a long time respected 2+2'er. He caught his mom cheating on his dad. In short, his mom was a generally good mom but was also very scandalous. If that makes sense at all. /images/graemlins/confused.gif

As a result, he is attracted to scandalous women as well. This habit is causing him much anguish. So, how do you get rid of this self destructive behavior? He is to the point where he wants to change and is reaching out for help.

EDIT: To clarify, scandalous women means women that play mind games hardcore or aren't loyal to their spouse.

-drunk wacki

meleader2
08-24-2005, 03:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I have a friend who is a long time respected 2+2'er. He caught his mom cheating on his dad. In short, his mom was a generally good mom but was also very scandalous. If that makes sense at all. /images/graemlins/confused.gif

As a result, he is attracted to scandalous women as well. This habit is causing him much anguish. So, how do you get rid of this self destructive behavior? He is to the point where he wants to change and is reaching out for help.

[/ QUOTE ]

in all seriousness...therapy.

get help, and get it professionally done. i'm not in that boat but i've had emotional abuse from my father as a kid and it's being reflected in my personal relationships. i need to get that fixed.

08-24-2005, 03:45 AM
Scandalous women = hookers ? sluts ? Otherwise, I don't know what scandalous women are. How am I supposed to help him ? Once he gets his wallet stolen by a woman, he'll think twice about getting involved with them.

malokoman
08-24-2005, 03:46 AM
thats nothing, I have a buddy from high school who caught his mother hooking up with his best friend. This friend was there on in addressed as motherfucker, as in "Whats up motherfucker"

Stuey
08-24-2005, 03:47 AM
How does he go about finding them?

PeeWeeH
08-24-2005, 03:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
How does he go about finding them?

[/ QUOTE ]

He talks to the ones that have a pulse.

PeeWee

08-24-2005, 03:50 AM
I think we need a whole thread devoted to: "what have you caught your mother doing ? "

meleader2
08-24-2005, 04:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I think we need a whole thread devoted to: "what have you caught your mother doing ? "

[/ QUOTE ]

...or what about uploading pics of our mothers??? *just head shots* /images/graemlins/blush.gif

CardSharpCook
08-24-2005, 04:18 AM
head shots?
/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Kirg
08-24-2005, 04:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]
thats nothing, I have a buddy from high school who caught his mother hooking up with his best friend. This friend was there on in addressed as motherfucker, as in "Whats up motherfucker"

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.sacticket.com/static/movies/news/images/250x274_stifler1.jpg

wacki
08-24-2005, 04:19 AM
ok this thread is officially worthless, but atleast you made me laugh.

malokoman
08-24-2005, 04:22 AM
exactly

jakethebake
08-24-2005, 08:23 AM
I thought you were a young guy, wacki. Who usues the word "scandalous"?

chesspain
08-24-2005, 08:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

08-24-2005, 08:36 AM
i think it's cute that he uses the word scandalous

he's singular

BeerMoney
08-24-2005, 08:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep. There are trained professionals who can better explain your friends problem.

I wish him well.

Tell him he deserves someone that's not a douchebag.

jakethebake
08-24-2005, 08:50 AM
Here's the best thing that can happen to your friend. He meets a girl at a party or wherever he usually meets these skanky girls. She's had a couple of drinks and flirts hard with him. Subconsciously he's attracted to her because he thinks she's kinda slutty. In reality she's just a really fun, very nice girl that likes to have a good time, and is completely uninhibited in the bedroom but is not at all "scandalous". Now if he can just keep from getting too mixed up with the others until he finds her he's fine.

Shajen
08-24-2005, 09:55 AM
Monastery.

In all seriousness, it shouldn't be too hard for him to break the cycle, should it? I mean, he's had years of experience watching a scandalous woman ply her craft. He should be good at decyphering what's up when less crafty women flex their claws...and deal with it. Quick answer? Don't play the game if you don't like the stakes.

If he can't, then I'd recommend he go pay someone to try and correct the problem.

jakethebake
08-24-2005, 09:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Monastery.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, clearly making the transition to young boys will be helpful.

mslif
08-24-2005, 10:12 AM
From your post, it is my understanding that this friend of yours knows that he has a problem by being attracted to "scandalous" women so my question is he looking for, what does he want? (I understand that you might not be able to answer as I am a noob) If he wants to meet a nice girl, maybe a strip joint, a bar or a college party are not the best places to do that. He should think about hanging out in different places than the usual places he goes to. Tell him to try to have a real and intelligent conversation with a girl and see what she is like before he tries to get into her pants.
I don't think therapy is needed, I think he just needs to mature a little more.

KaneKungFu123
08-24-2005, 10:25 AM
are you your friend?

HopeydaFish
08-24-2005, 11:47 AM
Aversion therapy. He needs to bang his mom. From that point onwards, "scandalous" women will no longer seem as appealing.

Boris
08-24-2005, 12:04 PM
I've heard the russian mail order brides are pretty cool.

wacki
08-24-2005, 02:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
He meets a girl at a party or wherever he usually meets these skanky girls. She's had a couple of drinks and flirts hard with him. Subconsciously he's attracted to her because he thinks she's kinda slutty

[/ QUOTE ]

From what I understand, these are skilled high class mindfuckers. They are not gutter whores.

[ QUOTE ]
I thought you were a young guy, wacki. Who usues the word "scandalous"?

[/ QUOTE ]

One of my favorite artists (http://www.lyricsondemand.com/t/tupaclyrics/skandalouzlyrics.html)

Michael Davis
08-24-2005, 02:36 PM
"From what I understand, these are skilled high class mindfuckers. They are not gutter whores."

Regular women can be play crazy head games. It sounds like your friend just needs to get some more game.

-Michael

Stuey
08-24-2005, 03:09 PM
I have never meet any woman that was...

[ QUOTE ]
skilled high class mindfuckers. ....or gutter whores.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have met many men and women that were mean and angry inside. They never went looking to hurt other people though but they sure retaliate nasty like.

The "type" of woman is not the problem here. The way this guy treats them when he realizes they are not perfect is the problem imo. And my opinion does not count for much but it was just a thought.

He is mad at his mom and being mean to ladies similar to her makes him feel good on some level. More I think about this the more I hope I am wrong as that is some scary crap. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

I guess it made Eminem rich though. /images/graemlins/blush.gif

Lawrence Ng
08-24-2005, 03:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
are you your friend?

[/ QUOTE ]

Speaking of moms, how is your mom doing Kane?

Lawrence

Alobar
08-24-2005, 04:49 PM
Its already been mentioned, but therapy is really the only route to go. Its got a stigma attached to it which is unfortunate because it can be incredibly helpful. The mind is a [censored] weird place, and siting down with a proffesional and talking about these kind of intense emotional issues with someone who is trained and deals with this stuff all the time, is definately +EV.

Unless he realizes tho that he is being self destuctive and attracted to these kind of women, there prolly isnt much you can do. Its easy alot of times to see whats wrong when you are on the outside, but getting someone to realize that themselves is often very arduous.

wacki
08-24-2005, 06:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Its already been mentioned, but therapy is really the only route to go. Its got a stigma attached to it which is unfortunate because it can be incredibly helpful. The mind is a [censored] weird place, and siting down with a proffesional and talking about these kind of intense emotional issues with someone who is trained and deals with this stuff all the time, is definately +EV.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is exactly what I told him. I just wanted some support. Thanks for the replies guys. BTW, he is reading this.

As for me and scandalous girls? I would screw them, but only in a prison bitch kind of way. *picks up maglite* /images/graemlins/grin.gif