PDA

View Full Version : See a showdown for one more bet?

protocol
08-24-2005, 03:06 AM
Recently I have been attempting to increase my WtSD after finding out that it is about 3-4 points too low. However, I am having a tough time finding more hands to take to showdown.
Is this a good example of a hand that I should be seeing a showdown with?
Opponent was a pretty good player, but a bit LAG. Will he play a draw this way often enough for me to call here?

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4.50 SB) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (3.25 BB) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (7.25 BB) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 8.25 BB

dave44
08-24-2005, 11:38 AM
I think this is a very good question to ask. These situations where you have a good draw to help you get to the river can also be good spots to remind your opponent you won't be pushed off your hands so easily.

However, this board in particular does not look very attractive to a river call, though a hand like 98 could certainly be possible. He would have had to make a loose flop call to have any sort of draw he'd be semi-bluffing.

Btw your avatar is one of my favorite cd's ever.

Mig
08-24-2005, 11:47 AM
Wouldn't a check behind on the turn be better? You have a lot of outs, he called the flop he can have anything, if he has a pair he won't fold, if he doesn't have one you let him draw slim (since any hearts will toast him even if he pairs). You will usually induce a bluff on the river no matter what fall, if he c/r you just can't fold and A high is good enough to showdown headsup... If you hit on the river and was already behind you probably will get 1 extra bet...

dave44
08-24-2005, 11:50 AM
Yea I like a turn check too now that you mention it. A good but laggy player who calls a bet on this flop is not just going to lay his hand down terribly often on the turn.

mscags
08-24-2005, 12:03 PM
The only real draw he could have is the picked up flush draw. I don't see him on a straight draw here if he is on a draw period. I haven't played any 10-20, but I'm folding this hand.