PDA

View Full Version : I love Party Poker(funny)

Inthacup
04-07-2003, 01:09 PM
Playing 2 4 at Party this weekend.

This game is a lesson in passivity(is that a word?). I open limp in early MP w/ A /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif 5 /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif . 3 limpers in MP and LP, blinds call.

Flop comes: 7 /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif 3 /forums/images/icons/spade.gif 5 /forums/images/icons/heart.gif

Checked to me, I bet, 1 LP drops all the others call.

Turn: 5 /forums/images/icons/club.gif

Checked to me, I bet, Mp folds, LP calls, SB calls, BB folds.

River: 7 /forums/images/icons/club.gif

Checked to me, I bet, LP calls, BB folds.

I win, and LP doesn't show. I go back and check the hand history and LP had 22! I couldn't believe it. It made me wish that I had 4 2 unsuited, and I could claim that I won with my 4 high.

Bob T.
04-07-2003, 01:55 PM
Another story, Home game, I can't remember the stakes it was a long time ago.

Loose aggressive on the button open raises, Loose aggressive in the BB 3bets, and button makes it four. Flop, AT4. They go a couple of raises each, Turn A The board is now double suited, repeat the action. River 4, there is a bet, a raise, and a reraise, at this point one of them says, I lose, but I call just to see your hand. The player who put in the last bet shows 32 suited, with the wheel draw, and one of the flush draws, but he is playing the board, the other guy shows 32 suited with a wheel draw and the other flush draw, also playing the board on the river. Chop it up.

Homer
04-07-2003, 01:57 PM
I love Party too, but I haven't been back since Friday night. I still get nautious when I think about how soft the games were and how many bets I lost. I guess I don't have what it takes to play this game professionally, to say the least. That being said, your post has inspired me to get back into the swing of things tonight, until I start losing again, that is. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

-- Homer

Zag
04-07-2003, 05:07 PM
Whoa! I didn't realize that after a showdown where it says "Xxxx doesn't show," that you could still see what he had by requesting a hand history. I see myself requesting a bunch more hand histories in the future.

I had a similar story, except that I had JJ, flopped quads (woo hoo!), bet out and called the flop raise, check-raised the turn, bet and was called on the river, with the final board JJ66A. Other player had KQ. "Close One," I said.

cferejohn
04-07-2003, 05:53 PM
Assuming you are Homer_Jay on Party Poker, I think I saw a little of that Homer. I remember thinking "if I didn't know Homer was good enough to make this up in no time, I'd feel bad for him". Guess the bad run lasted longer than either of us would have believed. I'm sure you'll bounce back. GL in the future!

Jeffage
04-07-2003, 06:29 PM
Yea, them online swings can be brutal. When I was playing full-time, I had weeks where I dropped like 2 G's. Talk about shaking your faith. I've been playing mostly 5-10 6max and have found the games to be very good, better than the full 5-10 ring games. BIG swings though. I'll look for you tonight.

Jeff
(BTW, u gonna be at Taj Easter Weekend? I'll be there on Sat. the 19th)

Jeff

Homer
04-07-2003, 06:54 PM
Yeah, the swings are brutal (though I've never had one that came close to 2K). I keep thinking that I'm getting used to it, but then I'll have a session that shocks the hell out of me. The one that has kind of shattered my confidence was Friday night. I played mostly 3/6, some 2/4 and some 5/10 (the short games are damn good as you say...I need to study up). I lost $400 in about 4 hours. I never thought I could lose 60 BB's in a single session. The sad part is that these were some of the best games I have ever played in. I realize that the games being so good created more variance, but I still never expected to lose 60 BB's. Oh well, I'm back at it today and am down about $100 (sigh). I need to try to keep things in perspective. I've been using PokerTracker since the beginning of March and even with this setback am still averaging 1.5 BB/hr. Also, I'm still up for April because I was winning big the first few days of the month.

Anyhoo, thanks for letting me vent. I'm going to try to get down to the Taj that Saturday. TTYL.

-- Homer