PDA

View Full Version : defend BB with same hands you steal with?

dantheman_05
08-24-2005, 02:32 AM
ok so its 2am and i am researching blind defense and stealing. i have come to a conclusion after 3 hours of reading posts and using the search tool.

you should defend your bb with the same hands you steal with from the button.

the weaker hands are : 98o Q8o K5o A2o and 65s 86s Q7s K2s A2s any pocket pair

i am 3 betting from the bb the same hands hands i 3 bet from the sb (btw never cold call from the sb) : any 2 suited face cards (maybe not JTs) ATo KJo 55

postflop : check raise the flop with pairs (not so much draws); wait to check raise the turn with big hands; run the stop and go if i will fold to a turn raise. other than that postflop is so so dependent on player and board factors you cant even generalize.

note : of course this is against a typical non lag player and non mouse player.

Kyle
08-24-2005, 02:58 AM
I actually defend with less hands than I steal with since I am going to be out of position on every betting round

baronzeus
08-24-2005, 02:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I actually defend with less hands than I steal with since I am going to be out of position on every betting round

[/ QUOTE ]

I do the opposite

dantheman_05
08-24-2005, 03:03 AM
baron, do you see anything out of line here in my startegy overall?

ThePenguin
08-24-2005, 09:18 AM
You should call more than your steal attempts from BB because you have already put half the BB in the pot, so you can win slightly less than 50% and still be profiting from your defense. If your opponent is straightforward, you can often outplay him, so you should be looser in your BB defense than your steal attempts.

Nigel
08-24-2005, 05:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You should call more than your steal attempts from BB because you have already put half the BB in the pot, so you can win slightly less than 50% and still be profiting from your defense. If your opponent is straightforward, you can often outplay him, so you should be looser in your BB defense than your steal attempts.

[/ QUOTE ]

You also might be 3 bet, capped and/or face 2 or more opponents when stealing.

Nigel

Alobar
08-24-2005, 05:37 PM
I defend with more hands than I steal with.

stinkypete
08-24-2005, 05:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you either steal way too much or don't defend enough