PDA

View Full Version : KTs open-raise?

Fryguy
08-24-2005, 01:09 AM
Just getting start on empire poker (if anyone has any links to graphics layouts it would be appreciated, I'm using chiplitre and I don't like it)

Anyways, I'm middle position with KTs and it's folded to me. Is it ok to open-raise here? I know KTs isn't exactly strong, but I'm not sure how much I like open-limping here. The hand that follows is the hand that sparked my thought for the hand (just a typical OESD, raise for a free card, make it on the river)

SB is a TP-A 19/3.85/3 BB is 50/0/2

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (6 SB) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls.

Turn: (5 BB) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks.

River: (5 BB) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB folds.

Final Pot: 6 BB

MrWookie47
08-24-2005, 01:13 AM
Perfect.

Eeegah
08-24-2005, 01:13 AM
If it's folded to you in MP2 you should be raising with anything you inted to play. KTs in particular has an edge versus four random hands.

Edit, I like all streets more than how I would play it, namely betting the turn in one of those leaks I described in a thread I made today /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Fryguy
08-24-2005, 01:21 AM
Heh, I wasn't really asking about the hand so much as the pf play.

The hand prety much plays itself. Textbook free card /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Anyone have any good links for layouts/graphics for empire?

KeysrSoze
08-24-2005, 01:27 AM
What, like Pokermods (http://www.pokermods.com/) ?

Raise preflop good.

Fryguy
08-24-2005, 01:38 AM
Yah pretty much, my "issues" with the interface seem to be present with all of the mods though. I thought my mod might have changed some things from the default that I don't like, but I guess not.

I'm just so used to paradise that getting used to the button placement for position, and people having small cards in front of them instead of big cards is something I'll have to deal with /images/graemlins/smile.gif When it's my turn to act I'm having to take an extra second or 2 to figure out exactly what position I'm in and how many people are in front of me, that's all.

Harv72b
08-24-2005, 01:47 AM
I had trouble adjusting the Party skins when I first started playing there, too. You'll get used to it, and the typical opposition makes it well worth the adjustment. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Beautifully played hand, btw. Perfect on every street, although I would bet the turn every so often to avoid falling into patterns (and for the times when SB is on a draw of his own).