PDA

View Full Version : $11's QQ in BB L2 (good fold?)

Dr_Jeckyl_00
08-24-2005, 12:34 AM
Blinds were 15/30 I was in big blind w/ QQ. preflop it was raised to t125 w/ 2 callers. What should I do?

I have been trying to avoid losing w/ QQ and lower pocket pairs if I am fortunate enough to have position and see the pot raised /reraised and there are 2 or more callers

On the flop original bettor pushed, 2nd person folded, 3rd person called (flop was 3 low cards, rainbow I think)

Villain's hands in white below
<font color="white"> one had TT, the other JJ (winner w/ pair of jacks)</font>

roma12
08-24-2005, 12:45 AM
as a general rule, dont fold QQ pf at the 11s-with obvious exceptions. I would push here pf every time, although calling, flopping unders, then pushing would be ok

08-24-2005, 12:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
as a general rule, dont fold QQ pf at the 11s-with obvious exceptions. I would push here pf every time, although calling, flopping unders, then pushing would be ok

[/ QUOTE ]

Do others agree with this?

kong98
08-24-2005, 12:51 AM
I usually don't push this pre-flop because I don't want to coin-flip for my stack in the early levels. (If this is bad, I hope someone will let us know?)

However, I'm definitely calling the pre-flop raise, and if the flop is all undercards, I'm pushing all-in, or possibly check-raising all-in if I'm sure someone will bet.

cleinen
08-24-2005, 12:52 AM
i would agree with not folding QQ here. I think alot times you will see a draw or TPTK on the flop. You are ahead in either spot. Sure you will run into the slow play KK or AA sometimes but it is still +EV the call or push the flop.

DDH
08-24-2005, 12:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I usually don't push this pre-flop because I don't want to coin-flip for my stack in the early levels. (If this is bad, I hope someone will let us know?)

[/ QUOTE ]

In this situation, I agree, its early, and if I have no real reads I may just call and see what the flop brings.

[ QUOTE ]
However, I'm definitely calling the pre-flop raise, and if the flop is all undercards, I'm pushing all-in, or possibly check-raising all-in if I'm sure someone will bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too.

08-24-2005, 01:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i would agree with not folding QQ here. I think alot times you will see a draw or TPTK on the flop. You are ahead in either spot. Sure you will run into the slow play KK or AA sometimes but it is still +EV the call or push the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

We're not discussing slowplays

roma12
08-24-2005, 01:01 AM
you dont want a coin flip? fair enough. but do you realize the 250 chips from the callers that probably have [censored],should add to your thought process a little more than it seems. regardless, this is the 11s. if you have alot of experience at these, then i think its very easy to go by the principle of very rarely folding QQ pf. this situation is not one of those rare occasions. the players are just too bad to put this initial raiser on KK, AA, or AK that often. look at what people raise with in your games and i think you will see this. that being said.... I push here EVERY time

cleinen
08-24-2005, 01:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
We're not discussing slowplays

[/ QUOTE ]
Ok then what are we discussing. It was stated that it was a low card flop. Then only worry then is a set or a draw unless a straight or flush is on the board.

08-24-2005, 01:13 AM
There was a raise preflop

The Yugoslavian
08-24-2005, 01:15 AM
WTF?!

Push pre-flop.

This shouldn't be a difficult decision with PP's low blind structure.

I'll coinflip all day with chips equal to 1/2 my stack already in the middle.

Yugoslav
PS Curtains will eat your soul if you fold this pre-flop.

cleinen
08-24-2005, 01:20 AM
Ok i missed the PF raise whatever. If you call that raise you have to call the flop raise. If you are ahead when you called the PF raise then you should be ahead post flop folding is very weak here.

Pete H
08-24-2005, 01:42 AM
Very bad fold. Just push preflop.

$11 donks will call you down with any pair, any ace, two facecards and sometimes with two random cards.

jeffraider
08-24-2005, 01:45 AM
Easy push preflop! There's like four hundo in the middle! Take it!

RicP
08-24-2005, 01:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]

WTF?!

Push pre-flop.

This shouldn't be a difficult decision with PP's low blind structure.

I'll coinflip all day with chips equal to 1/2 my stack already in the middle.

[/ QUOTE ]

The Don
08-24-2005, 02:25 AM
I would move in... This is definetly +EV long term at the $11s.

ChrisV
08-24-2005, 02:30 AM
Shove preflop. Even in the 1000-chip tourneys this raise is a shade too large to take the "call and see what flops" approach. Plus, there's piles of dead money in the middle and you have the third best hand in holdem. Also, does 125 look like a likely raise amount for AA/KK? Why would he supersize the raise like that? Not saying it couldn't be, just think it reduces the likelihood further.

Dr_Jeckyl_00
08-24-2005, 09:10 AM
To be honest, this is the 1st time I folded QQ. I hate to see QQ b/c I honestly feel that I lose 90%+ when my raise/push is called. With all of the action I thought for sure that at least one of the 3 had AA-KK.

But this is why I posted the question, so thanks for all of the advice. FWIW, I still finished 1st... it just would have happened sooner if I played the QQ hand /images/graemlins/wink.gif