PDA

View Full Version : Limit vs NL

08-24-2005, 12:24 AM
This is my first post so please go easy. ;]
I am beginning what I expect to be a long journey to professional poker. My essential question is the value of limit game vs NL games. For a full-time player which format should I focus on? NL obviously has the potential for a higher yield, but limit is much steadier.
Advice?

-Joel

captZEEbo1
08-24-2005, 12:25 AM
I think nl is much steadier than limit used to be. Go with what you like. Also, I think it's easier to start out limit and go to NL than to start out NL and go limit. (really easy to lose quickly at nl).

Non_Comformist
08-24-2005, 12:33 AM
You definently need to start out at limit because the mistakes you are going to make initially will cost you more money at NL than limit.

Once you get things like a preflop strategy, basic use of position and some initial hand reading skills I would suggest spending some time at the 25NL tables while playing something like 1/2 at limit.

You should pick the one that you enjoy the most and will probably switch back and forth a few times.

It is incorrect to think that one has more potential in terms of the other. The very good limit players make a lot of money.