PDA

View Full Version : The Turn Pairs the board TPTK (otherwise) 3/6

Maulik
08-24-2005, 12:08 AM
should I 3-bet the turn here or give him credit for the 3? I'm thinking extract the most possible value from hands similar to this is what's going to make a player a significant winning player.

Party Poker (6 max, 5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>.

Flop: A/images/graemlins/club.gif, 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks.

Turn: 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks.

River: 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot:

imported_leader
08-24-2005, 12:17 AM
fix post please.

Maulik
08-24-2005, 01:26 AM
preflpo
sb completes
bb raises
sb calls
flop
sb checks
hero bets
villian calls
turn
sb checks
hero bets
sb raises
hero calls
river
sb bets
hero?

hope this is 'clean'

baronzeus
08-24-2005, 01:33 AM
This is totally read dependent, but I like raising the river against some ppl.

Isura
08-24-2005, 02:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]

preflpo
sb completes
bb raises
sb calls
flop
sb checks
hero bets
villian calls
turn
sb checks
hero bets
sb raises
hero calls
river
sb bets
hero?

hope this is 'clean'

[/ QUOTE ]

If you are considering raising the river, what about 3-betting the turn then? I think you should 3-bet the turn and call down if capped. Otherwise, bet or raise the river.

Guy McSucker
08-24-2005, 09:43 AM
Please please please preview your posts before submitting them. To understand the action in this hand we have to read two of your posts, one with the cards and another with the action. This is very silly.

Here's my take on the hand. You need to decide if you think you are in front more than 50% of the time or not, and if you think so, do you think it's because your opponent has a worse made hand or because he has nothing and is bluffing?

If you think you're likely behind, call down. I am pretty sure you have odds to call it down regardless.

If you think you're likely ahead of a worse made hand, 3-bet the turn and bet the river. If he caps the turn, call down.

If you think you're likely ahead of a bluff, call the turn and raise the river: he might have hit something by then.

Guy.