PDA

View Full Version : advice on this hand (pocket QQ on and sort of connected flop)

Sightless
08-23-2005, 11:52 PM
BB likes to see a flop with about 75% hands that he gets. He isn't very agressive when he doesnt have a hand, but when he gets one he plays it agressivly and sort of straight foward.

small blind is a loose passive player.

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (6 SB) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, SB folds, BB calls.

Turn: (6.50 BB) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (8.50 BB) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 8.50 BB

WildDan
08-23-2005, 11:55 PM
According to your read, I'd say villain shows us A9 or something along those lines here. I'd definitely bet the river. Hindsight being what it is, I'd also raise the turn, but in your situation I'd very likely only call that.

*edit* Actually the more I think about it, I'm beginning to think raising the turn and folding to a 3-bet might be the best course of action against a player who you says will play hands straightforward. At worst it likely buys you a free showdown if the river falls as a scare card, and at best you're pumping value agaisnt a player who is going to call down with his 9.

benkath1
08-24-2005, 12:01 AM
I'd play it the same. The nine being a heart on the river hurts, so I might check behind. I would think he flopped 67 and got counterfitted.

Harv72b
08-24-2005, 12:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'd play it the same. The nine being a heart on the river hurts, so I might check behind. I would think he flopped 67 and got counterfitted.

[/ QUOTE ]

67 still beats Hero. He might just think Hero has a 9.

That 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif is the mother of all scare cards on the river, and especially against the player you described and with the aggressive line he'd taken, I'd check behind too. And not expect to be good very often.

benkath1
08-24-2005, 12:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

67 still beats Hero. He might just think Hero has a 9.

[/ QUOTE ]

oops. bad memory, no biscuit.

aK13
08-24-2005, 12:44 AM
Raise/fold the turn.

Given your play, I don't think we can bet the river.

hemstock
08-24-2005, 12:50 AM
Yes propably raise the turn and fold to a 3-bet is the best line. After he checks the river I would be really tempted to bet.