PDA

View Full Version : Paradise is SOOO SLOW

08-23-2005, 11:19 PM
Was the software always this bad? I've never seen a slower game online in my life. It's draggggginng all 3 of them.

Pokeraddict
08-23-2005, 11:28 PM
The software has always been the same, the issue is that while other poker rooms have improved their software Paradise did nothing and went from #1 to about #10 in the matter of a couple of years. I still like several aspects of their software but the slow speed makes me not even want to bother clearing bonuses.

There was a thread a week ago "I forgot how bad Paradise sucks".

edfurlong
08-23-2005, 11:35 PM
Last time I played there the players themselves also seemed very slow.

Overdrive
08-23-2005, 11:37 PM
I played there a bit recently to clear some old bonus money I had there and to get into the million dollar tournament and their painfully slow software put me on tilt for a minute. The crazy slowrolling they do when a hand is showndown is painfully ridiculous.

Pokeraddict
08-24-2005, 12:49 AM
Yeah the slowrolling is the #1 worst thing about their software.

xadrez
08-24-2005, 11:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
their painfully slow software put me on tilt for a minute

[/ QUOTE ]

Funny, this same thing happened to me. I was so frustrated by the slowness/crappiness of the software that I just started to raise, reraise, and reraise some more.

Ive decided that I'd rather set myself on fire before Id ever play there again.

Guthrie
08-24-2005, 12:05 PM
I was dealt 17 hands in 45 minutes last week in the million dollar freeroll. The blinds were increasing twice per orbit.

In ring games when I want to fire out a bet or raise for intimidation, it takes about 15 seconds to appear. Kind of kills the moment.

The showdown is so slow that I come back from another table and try to raise someone else's hand.

Piers
08-24-2005, 12:06 PM
I just had a problme where if I did not act ahead of time, I got timed out. It would not let me act if it was my turn. /images/graemlins/mad.gif In particular I always had to time out if UTG (no choice). /images/graemlins/mad.gif I noticed that others appeared to be having the same problme. So clearly this would slow the game down, and might be what you are noticing.

This is the first time I have seen this, so maybe a bug got into their latest upgrade.

Opps need to improve reading comprehension /images/graemlins/blush.gif- my problem was on Party network.

08-24-2005, 12:11 PM
The slowrolling is a pain, but can't say that the software seems overly slow (maybe I need longer to make decisions?) and to be fair I haven't played anywhere else. The full rings seem to play at 40-50 hands/hr according to the lobby stats - is that slow?

IndieMatty
08-24-2005, 12:32 PM
Try the blackjack, that moves very fast.

TemetNosce
08-24-2005, 12:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The full rings seem to play at 40-50 hands/hr according to the lobby stats - is that slow?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, that be slow. Should be getting around 60 hands/hr.

Pokeraddict
08-24-2005, 12:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Try the blackjack, that moves very fast.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, Yeah I like how it often takes 5-20 seconds for me to get 1 card but the dealer can hit 4 cards into a made hand in a microsecond.