PDA

View Full Version : Some dorm questions

Popinjay
08-23-2005, 10:45 PM
I leave tomorrow for college (LMU) and have some questions about dorming. I got kind of fk'd and am in an all boys dorm with two other guys (but will be moving at the end of 1st semester to a co-ed dorm with 1 roommate). So,

Is it cool to sleep naked?

Can I play Avril Lavigne frequently on my speakers?

I'm not planning to do drugs or drink (I've done em before a lot and don't think it's worth it), good idea or bad idea?

That covers all my questions for now. Any other advice people have is welcome.

edit: oops forgot one, what is the accepted etiquette for jerkin it?

BillNye
08-23-2005, 10:47 PM
Is it cool to sleep naked?-no way

Can I play Avril Lavigne frequently on my speakers?-no way

I'm not planning to do drugs or drink (I've done em before a lot and don't think it's worth it), good idea or bad idea?-follow your heart

durron597
08-23-2005, 10:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, very bad.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You will get most likely get made fun of.

[ QUOTE ]

I'm not planning to do drugs or drink (I've done em before a lot and don't think it's worth it), good idea or bad idea?

[/ QUOTE ]

Do drugs = bad. Never drink = bad. Drink in moderation = good. When you go to a party always have a beer in your hand and nurse it.

Note: this advice is for someone who initially planned not to drink at all and is that type of person. Obviously if you are the sort of person who enjoys getting [censored] faced in college that is ok too if it works for you.

thirddan
08-23-2005, 10:49 PM
don't sleep naked...

play avril levine when nobody is around or in your headphones

if you don't want to drink/do drugs then don't, nobody will care

jerk it when nobody is around or coming home soon...

The Ocho
08-23-2005, 10:51 PM
Q: Sleeping naked?
A: not unless you have a girl in your bed.

Q: Avril Lavigne?
A: Not unless you want one of your guy roommates to climb naked into bed with you.

Q: No drugs?
A: Good idea.

Q: No drinking?
A/Q: Are you serious?

Co-ed dorms are a good idea until you know a bunch of girls at your school, then it doesn't really matter.

miajag81
08-23-2005, 10:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
No.
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
If you have done a lot of drinking/drugs in the past it's going to be pretty tough to quit once you go to college. Just use some degree of moderation.
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Find out your roommate's schedule and do it when he is DEFINITELY in class, at home, at his girlfriend's, etc.

swede123
08-23-2005, 11:08 PM
Once you get to know your roommate a bit you should be able to have some sort of mutual agreement you both can remember that indicates one of you is taking care of business. This will prevent embarassing accidents of one roommate catching the other with his pants down. This might involve locking the door from the inside, tying a sock around the door handle, or whatever.

Swede

TheWorstPlayer
08-23-2005, 11:20 PM
Holy [censored]. Can't wait until you get to college and find out thes answers to these questions for yourself. And how wrong it is to even ask any of these questions. Good luck, man.

billyjex
08-23-2005, 11:34 PM
you sound like someone i would not want to live with.

wear boxers when you sleep, don't play [censored] music, drink a beer and have a good time.

jerk it when your roommates aint home and you aren't worried about them coming home. find a girl (however, you may be into guys, so find one of those..)

Reef
08-23-2005, 11:34 PM
what ocho said

ucfryan
08-23-2005, 11:38 PM
Going to college and not drinking would be like going to Vegas and not gambling, what's the point?

Popinjay
08-23-2005, 11:45 PM
okay one more question: should i bring these speakers down?

http://img362.imageshack.us/img362/2403/dsc02841tw.jpg

lil_o
08-23-2005, 11:46 PM
1. yes if sheets are used
2. yes if you dont want to make friends
3. good idea, you dont need drugs to have a good time

ps: get ur roomates class schedule and plan accordingly

08-23-2005, 11:48 PM
what the hell?? Are these typical questions that 18 year old guys ask or is this person kidding around?

my take on it

1. wtf? are you crazy?

2. personally I wouldn't but to each his own.

3. pretty good idea and good luck with that.

4. ewww. Did you really need to ask other people that? Is it common for guys to ask other guys about this?

swede123
08-23-2005, 11:51 PM
I have found that good friends are always able to discuss whacking it quite openly. If you try to sneak aroud with this stuff you end up getting caught in the act when your roomie gets out of class early. Seriously, you need a signalling system of some sort.

Swede

theredwave
08-23-2005, 11:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You may not be planning on it but you will end up drinking, unless you never leave your dorm room. LMU?=Loyola Maramount /images/graemlins/confused.gif

RacersEdge
08-24-2005, 12:05 AM
It's fine to lay around naked and jerk it to Avril Lavigne after you've had a beer.

But don't do drugs.

08-24-2005, 12:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I have found that good friends are always able to discuss whacking it quite openly.

Swede

[/ QUOTE ]

wha??? kidding right? ew. /images/graemlins/confused.gif

that would be a very odd conversation actually

Patrick del Poker Grande
08-24-2005, 12:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Once you get to know your roommate a bit you should be able to have some sort of mutual agreement you both can remember that indicates one of you is taking care of business. This will prevent embarassing accidents of one roommate catching the other with his pants down.

[/ QUOTE ]
It also provides for easy photographic blackmail/embarassment opportunities.

swede123
08-24-2005, 12:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I have found that good friends are always able to discuss whacking it quite openly.

Swede

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Serious as a heart attack.

Swede

RunDownHouse
08-24-2005, 12:16 AM
I can't believe you're even asking about sleeping nude. That's not just a huge no-no, that's an obvious no-no.

You can't prepare ahead of time for how compatible your jerk schedule is with you'r rommate's jerk schedule. Either both of you will be able to work something out, even if that means vague, "Hey, can you take off for a while?" comments, or you'll both just work it into gaps in the other's schedule.

72allin
08-24-2005, 12:18 AM

sure, just keep the pair of boxers/briefs under the sheets so you can slip back into them before you get out of bed... no one wants to see dude-ass if they can avoid it

I'm gonna have to go with headphones on this one

Totally respectable, but you might catch some flak for this. An alternative is to just get a cup of beer and sip it all night long, everyone's usually too drunk to notice...

As long as the roommate isn't coming back within the next hour? Go for it.... walked in on my roommate last year, very awkward to say the least but we laughed it off a few hours later, what the hell it's perfectly normal.

(edit: having said all this, I don't sleep naked because that's weird, avril sucks, and I drink and smoke quite a bit, but hey everyone's got their own way of doing things)

08-24-2005, 12:23 AM
"hey do you mind giving me like half and hour cause I kind of feel like jerkin it?"

"yeah okay but do you think you could use the top bunk this time cause last time you did it on my bed and I noticed some ucky stuff on my 1000+ thread count satin sheets."

"Alright but could you leave cause Futurama is starting and I want to jerk it to Leela. She's hot."

"yeah okay. Take the sock off the door when you're done. "

swede123
08-24-2005, 12:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
"hey do you mind giving me like half and hour cause I kind of feel like jerkin it?"

"yeah okay but do you think you could use the top bunk this time cause last time you did it on my bed and I noticed some ucky stuff on my 1000+ thread count satin sheets."

"Alright but could you leave cause Futurama is starting and I want to jerk it to Leela. She's hot."

"yeah okay. Take the sock off the door when you're done. "

[/ QUOTE ]

I always had a sneaking suspicion my dorm room was bugged. Thanks for confirming it.

Swede

scotty34
08-24-2005, 12:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Swede

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would you say that it would be odd? People talk about sex all the time, and that isn't weird. The details of the conversation just depend on how comfortable you are with the people you are talking to.

TheWorstPlayer
08-24-2005, 10:01 AM
Bring the speakers (and the nice P-word setup, of course) but don't play Avril Lavigne on them.

unlucky513
08-24-2005, 10:34 AM
about jerking it... don't do it when you know your roommate(s) are coming home from class. and when they walk in and you're in the middle of doing it, don't get mad and then ask them to leave so you can finish.

this happened to me my freshman year. my roomie loved to beat off.

oh, and don't frick your girl from behind on a lofted bed while your roommate is sleeping 6 feet away. he did this, too.

jakethebake
08-24-2005, 10:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
oh, and don't frick your girl from behind on a lofted bed while your roommate is sleeping 6 feet away. he did this, too.

[/ QUOTE ]

he didn't offer you sloppy seconds?

TheWorstPlayer
08-24-2005, 10:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

he didn't offer you sloppy seconds?

[/ QUOTE ]
Isn't the offer implicit in this situation?

hawkeye
08-24-2005, 10:46 AM
forget the speakers, bring the monitors

jakethebake
08-24-2005, 10:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I assumed so, which is why I wonder what he's bitching about.

TheWorstPlayer
08-24-2005, 10:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I assumed so, which is why I wonder what he's bitching about.

[/ QUOTE ]
Maybe he's as clueless about college social conventions as the OP.

TheMainEvent
08-24-2005, 11:22 AM
About drinking- If you have even the slightest doubt about your commitment to not drinking, just give up now. Everyone I know who didn't drink freshman year ended up drinking the rest of college and missed out on when drinking was really, really, really fun.