PDA

View Full Version : Ever wonder what people write about you in their notes?

Cheshire
08-23-2005, 10:43 PM
I hit a decent streak of hands, like 3 or 4 raising hands in a row, so I pretty much looked like a maniac and I started wondering what people I have played with before have about me in their notes. Do they think I am an awful player, too aggressive, too tight or whatever. I dont know if this will generate any responses but it jumped into my head so i posted it.

GrunchCan
08-23-2005, 10:49 PM
I'll bet people's notes on me run the gamut:

"nuts peddler"
"maniac"
"plays too many hands"
"suckout king"
"lucky as hell"
"too passive"
"too aggressive"

...but I'll bet nobody's notes on me are something like:
"really good"

and that's just fine with me. I know that my long-term earn
is based on the quality of my decisions; not how others percieve the quality of my decisions.

Doyle had something to say about this in SS, if I recall. Something along the lines of "everybody thinks I'm the luckiest guy on earth. But I know better."

Saint_D
08-23-2005, 11:42 PM
Grunch, I have one of your screen names that you probably never use. It says simply "2+2".

GrunchCan
08-23-2005, 11:44 PM
PM it to me. It may not even exist anymore.

Harv72b
08-24-2005, 12:27 AM
Depending on how the cards are falling for me & how I'm playing them, I'm sure some people have me noted as "very good player" while others have me buddy-listed. And a bunch of the "2+2" notes, no doubt.

I think it really does depend on the session they see. When I'm on my A game I feel like I can compete with just about anyone, but when I'm not I know it can look really ugly.

Disconnected
08-24-2005, 12:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Doyle had something to say about this in SS, if I recall. Something along the lines of "everybody thinks I'm the luckiest guy on earth. But I know better."

[/ QUOTE ]

Reminds me of something I heard while watching a golf tournament a while ago, although I can't remember the player who said it. The golfer hit maybe a 170-yard shot to the right of the hole (above the hole) maybe 20 feet, it checks up and rolls to within a couple feet.

Spectator/heckler: "Man, what a lucky shot!"
Golfer: "The more I practice, the luckier I get."

imported_The Vibesman
08-24-2005, 12:03 PM
"Devastatingly handsome."