aK13
08-23-2005, 10:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
AND FREAKING 3BET YOUR TP/TK or TK/2K or OVERPAIRS ON THE FLOP

[/ QUOTE ]

OMG I DO THIS DO I WIN!?!?!?!?

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe you'll become pink like the master...

Deamon2
08-23-2005, 10:35 PM
but I lose more when they draw out on me /images/graemlins/frown.gif

downswings suck

Eeegah
08-23-2005, 10:39 PM
AND 99 DON'T FORGET 99 3-BET AND CAP 99 EVERY TIME BECAUSE 99 IS AWESOME

Baloosh
08-23-2005, 10:47 PM
and AJo in EP.

08-23-2005, 10:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
AND FREAKING 3BET YOUR TP/TK or TP/2K or OVERPAIRS ON THE FLOP

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought we were getting a lot of posts like this too--but then again, I'm new.

Thank you, AK. Thank you very much.

GrunchCan
08-23-2005, 10:50 PM
What prompted this? Is a trend developing?

Saint_D
08-23-2005, 10:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

NH.

Bradyams
08-23-2005, 10:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

There's probably 5 posts on the first two pages where someone capped PF w/ AA or KK, and then slowed down on a ragged flop when they were raised.

WildDan
08-23-2005, 10:56 PM
Grunchcan: a few of the recent posts were this very situation. 'AA played poorly on coordinated board' jumps to mind.

David04
08-23-2005, 11:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Grunchcan: a few of the recent posts were this very situation. 'AA played poorly on coordinated board' jumps to mind.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah that was me. I really don't feel like I am weak tight though, occasionally hands like the one I posted will occur where I feel lost as hell on basically every street except for preflop.

Other than that, I feel like I play pretty agressively(maybe too agressively at times).

aK13
08-23-2005, 11:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Among like the last 10 posts I read between last night around 4am and 12pm when I woke up, I probably saw 5 posts where this didn't happen. AJ on the JT9 board and the AA thread are the 2 that I can recall off the top of my head.

Those people who are posting 2pair/set/straight hands also fit into this category.

benkath1
08-23-2005, 11:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
AND FREAKING 3BET YOUR TP/TK or TK/2K or OVERPAIRS ON THE FLOP

[/ QUOTE ]

OMG I DO THIS DO I WIN!?!?!?!?

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe you'll become pink like the master...

[/ QUOTE ]

What's up with the rainbow name anyway?

Entity
08-23-2005, 11:25 PM
Who the hell do you think you are? Bisonbison?

ArturiusX
08-23-2005, 11:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Who the hell do you think you are? Bisonbison?

[/ QUOTE ]

IF YOU CAN'T LIMP 22 UTG, CHANGE TABLES

deepsquat
08-23-2005, 11:52 PM
nooooo, dont you know u are supposed to call the flop and raise the turn

Harv72b
08-24-2005, 12:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I like to wait til the river to raise. You know, when the fourth suited/fourth straight card shows, or the second card on the board pairs? Makes a lot more sense to me. That also seems like a better way to punish draws.

bottomset
08-24-2005, 12:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I like to wait til the river to raise. You know, when the fourth suited/fourth straight card shows, or the second card on the board pairs? Makes a lot more sense to me. That also seems like a better way to punish draws.

[/ QUOTE ]

I understand your general message Harv, but there are plenty of situations where waiting is better, and most good draws are 2/1dogs flop to the river so getting in 3bets there is good, but not as good as getting 3bets in as a 4/1fav

shadow29
08-24-2005, 12:56 AM
who the [censored] is ak13?

Eeegah
08-24-2005, 01:20 AM
Almost forgot to mention,
http://www.ethelthefrog.net/sa/040515-Life-In-A-Vacuum-Cleaner-small.jpg

Rev. Good Will
08-24-2005, 01:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
AND FREAKING 3BET YOUR TP/TK or TP/2K or OVERPAIRS ON THE FLOP

[/ QUOTE ]

HOLLA BACK NZA!!!!

these guys didn't have the privilage of responding to the many entity "play along" hands that were around "back in the day" (aka, 5 months agao)

Rev. Good Will
08-24-2005, 01:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

preach it brotha!!! (well, only when HU against aggrao opponents i guess)

Brice
08-24-2005, 02:09 AM
I love having weak-tight players at my table. I will eat them alive and their children.

aK13
08-24-2005, 02:13 AM
Yes.

hemstock
08-24-2005, 02:20 AM
Is there an award for posting a thousand posts in a month?

aK13
08-24-2005, 02:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So much hate... =(

Eeegah
08-24-2005, 02:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

raise preflop

hemstock
08-24-2005, 02:28 AM
No just wondering. I used to post in a sports betting forum where they were giving t-shirts for 1k posts.

ArturiusX
08-24-2005, 04:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]

So much hate... =(

[/ QUOTE ]

The fact that you've over taken me in posts, and I'm usually on this site a few times a day really scares me /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

adsman
08-24-2005, 06:05 AM
Actually, I think a good portion of the players on this board are tight-passive.

08-24-2005, 09:48 AM
First post for me!

My question is, why, if TP isn't particularly good? Sure, hitting AK for TPTK is great, but AT or A9? It seems like a good way to lose the most on the big streets when your opponent's (non-ace) overcard hits and you're raised on the turn and have to call down.

I remember SSH gave specific examples - "two overpair hands," for one, that suggested not even raising the flop with an overpair.

benkath1
08-24-2005, 10:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Actually, I think a good portion of the players on this board are tight-passive.

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /images/graemlins/laugh.gif /images/graemlins/laugh.gif /images/graemlins/laugh.gif /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

that made me laugh.

aargh57
08-24-2005, 11:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
First post for me!

My question is, why, if TP isn't particularly good? Sure, hitting AK for TPTK is great, but AT or A9? It seems like a good way to lose the most on the big streets when your opponent's (non-ace) overcard hits and you're raised on the turn and have to call down.

I remember SSH gave specific examples - "two overpair hands," for one, that suggested not even raising the flop with an overpair.

[/ QUOTE ]

That particular hand is TT on a coordinated board and a huge pot. In that particular case you want to protect your hand but there are many cards that will hurt you and a raise will not make anyone fold because of the size of the pot. However the same pot/flop with AA he recommends re-raising because of the huge equity that you have in the hand and the fact that no cards can hurt you. The times when you have a TP hand that will fit into the category of not raising will be rare.

Felipe
08-24-2005, 12:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
First post for me!

[/ QUOTE ]
That move is done in exceptional cases. Reread the book. Second, reread two overpair hands section. Then read the hand quizzes at the end. The book must be seen in a holistic light, and don't focus on one chapter or another. The whole book must be understood first.

If your flop raise cannot protect your hand well enough on the flop, call the flop and wait to raise the turn *IF* somebody will from your right will bet into you.

thoughts..?
felipe

DMBFan23
08-24-2005, 12:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I sure was when I was a micro-er, and it was a pretty helpful way to learn the basics of postflop play slowly - gotta ease yourself into it.

bottomset
08-24-2005, 12:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I sure was when I was a micro-er, and it was a pretty helpful way to learn the basics of postflop play slowly - gotta ease yourself into it.

[/ QUOTE ]

yep, I was when I was down in the .5/1, and 1/2 levels, I think a lot of ppl think they are TA when they really are TP, I'm not saying super-rocky or anything, just more passive than they should be

Pylos
08-24-2005, 02:29 PM
Thanks for posting this. I've had a horrible run (-120BB) the last few days and have been playing like an idiot.

After I read this I went in with guns blazing and am up +30BB for the day so far. Aggression pays!

08-24-2005, 03:51 PM
Maybe I'll ask it like this - at what point is "TPTK" not worth the reraise? Would you 3-bet A7 on a low flop? A9?

Granted, not 3-betting/capping AA or TPTK AK is an atrocity in most situations; at the same time, 3-betting when you're obviously behind is spewing chips.

Deamon2
08-24-2005, 03:59 PM
A7 is not tptk (it means top pair, top kicker)

the whole point of the post is that tptk, overpairs, ect. are rarely obviously behind. simply being raised is often not enough evidence to conclude that you're beat.

WSOP Bound
08-24-2005, 04:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
A7 is not tptk (it means top pair, top kicker)

[/ QUOTE ]

It is on a 2 5 7 flop /images/graemlins/smile.gif

aK13
08-24-2005, 04:07 PM
While there are instances where it may not be in our best interest to 3bet the flop with TP/TK, it is rarely a mistake. I think the key here is that it's better to develop "3bet the flop" as a default play first, then ease yourself into the spots where it might be better to wait for a later street. Where people got this idea that it's good to call a flop raise then donkbet the turn into like 4 people is beyond me.

Also, TP of T's and up is probably the line.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

So much hate... =(

[/ QUOTE ]

The fact that you've over taken me in posts, and I'm usually on this site a few times a day really scares me /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

If you think I post-whore, check out baronzeus over there....

baronzeus
08-24-2005, 04:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

OMG CHEAP SHOT. Go take your $9 bankroll and play .02/.04.

aK13
08-24-2005, 04:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You won the 1000 posts/month prize.

EDIT: Now that I think about it, it was like 1000 in July and 2000 in August.

[/ QUOTE ]

baronzeus
08-24-2005, 04:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You won the 1000 posts/month prize.

EDIT: Now that I think about it, it was like 1000 in July and 2000 in August.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You've posted 2600 times and your formatting still sucks. Go be pink-er.

08-24-2005, 04:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
While there are instances where it may not be in our best interest to 3bet the flop with TP/TK, it is rarely a mistake. I think the key here is that it's better to develop "3bet the flop" as a default play first, then ease yourself into the spots where it might be better to wait for a later street. Where people got this idea that it's good to call a flop raise then donkbet the turn into like 4 people is beyond me.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like that line when I think my opponent is trying to free-card, and two players are out with different draws. Well, that and I have to unlearn the ultra-passive board play, when a raise meant two pair+.

Greg J
08-24-2005, 05:25 PM
I agree with the sentiment on this post that showing proper aggression on the flop makes play on later streets easier. This is especially true with newer posters who are trying to get out the habit of being passive.

I also think, however, that one of the major issues on this board is not too little aggression, but rather too much inappropriate aggression. That is that one is willing to bet and raise when sometimes checking and calling is better. I see this mostly in comments on the hands of others. We call it selective aggression for a reason. I'm not calling out anyone in particular -- I just think we tend to get a little raise happy here sometimes instead of thinking in terms of what is the best mathematical play.

Saint_D
08-25-2005, 02:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yep, I was when I was down in the .5/1, and 1/2 levels, I think a lot of ppl think they are TA when they really are TP, I'm not saying super-rocky or anything, just more passive than they should be

[/ QUOTE ]

At the .5/1 people play back at you so rarely you don't get much chance to be aggressive.

If you are winning your line is usually bet-bet-bet-win.
If you are behind it's bet-bet-bet/call-lose.

Not much chance to work out your aggression. You can re-raise in the rare instance where you have then A-high flush, but if the board is paired, they got the boat most times.

Not that I am complaining. It's easy to beat them with barely more than solid PF play.

-D

08-25-2005, 08:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Maybe I'll ask it like this - at what point is "TPTK" not worth the reraise?

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

09-27-2005, 05:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

raise preflop

[/ QUOTE ]

It wasn't 99, you should have folded preflop