PDA

View Full Version : I win a big hand!

kyro
08-23-2005, 10:19 PM
but I question the play.

$200 PLO8

Main villain in this hand is worse than me I'm pretty sure. He called a PF raise and then called my large bets with nothing more than two pair on an earlier hand. He's pretty short-stacked so I'm on the assumption he's no good.

(1/2 blinds)
All fold to MP3 who limps. I make it $8 with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gifJ/images/graemlins/diamond.gifK/images/graemlins/heart.gif2/images/graemlins/club.gif
Button calls. Villain in the BB calls. MP3 calls.

Flop($33) is J/images/graemlins/spade.gif7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif3/images/graemlins/club.gif

Checked to me. I bet $25. MP3 calls.

Turn($83) is the Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif I put villain in for $78 more.

How bad?

TGoldman
08-23-2005, 10:28 PM
Looks standard to me. I would bet the full pot on the flop, but your 3/4 sized bet is fine too. The subject of your post gives away the ending, so NH.

kyro
08-23-2005, 10:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The subject of your post gives away the ending, so NH.

[/ QUOTE ]

The results are really meaningless. I've won many a hand that I feel I botched. I was really curious about the flop bet, but considering it was checked to me, I'd make a stab, and if called, I had some outs.

Oh, and you'll never guess what the river card was. I'll give you a hint. I missed.

kyro
08-24-2005, 12:09 AM
How about this play? Villain is unknown. He's short stacked though so again my inclination is he's bad.

(1/2 blinds)
UTG and UTG+1 limp. I complete in the SB with 8/images/graemlins/club.gif8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif4/images/graemlins/club.gif2/images/graemlins/spade.gif. BB checks.

(I realize this is a loose complete. I'm trying to break this bad habit.)

Flop is J/images/graemlins/spade.gif 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif

I pot it $7.60. BB calls. Limpers fold.

Turn is T/images/graemlins/club.gif. I pot it $22.05. BB pushes for $54.60 total. I call.

Eh?

Burdzthewurd
08-24-2005, 01:10 AM
Check the flop, consider folding, I mean really consider folding. How many awful cards can come on the turn? Any spade, Q, J, T, 9, and any baby to make you one-way at best. And it's a weak one-way. Check/fold it playing for half the pot at best.

emptyshell
08-24-2005, 03:07 AM
Looks fine.

emptyshell
08-24-2005, 03:09 AM
If the flop checks through and the turn looks safe, push then. Otherwise, your hand does not look good.

GooperMC
08-24-2005, 07:39 AM
Pre-flop:
Fold.

Flop:
Check the flop and fold to any action. There are so few cards that you want to see on the turn that betting the flop makes no sense.

Turn:
Check fold. This isn't a great card for you and 90% of the deck still hurts you on the river.

GooperMC
08-24-2005, 07:40 AM
OP hand looks pretty standard.