PDA

View Full Version : Just wanted to encourage newbies

wdbaker
04-07-2003, 07:55 AM
All,
I played in my first two tourneys at party on Sunday, 49th out of 217 on the first one. 3rd place out of 324 on the second, I won $140 yeah ! ! !

Started playing in January of this year, if your new hang in there, study and play alot and definately make 2+2 your home, you'll get there soon enough /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

thanks to those who have encouraged me
wdbaker

orbie
04-11-2003, 02:44 AM
Thanks for the encouragement wd.
I get mixed results at times , mainly due to lack of discipline or playing to late. I can't realy concieve not playing now. Though, when I reflect after going on tilt I've certianly doubted myself.

wdbaker
04-11-2003, 10:56 AM
orbie,
discipline is a huge issue for most I think, I know it has been and still is for me. Its funny how in our normal lives we don't tend to have these issues because most things tend to be pretty black and white, but when you are playing poker you are in the gray zone so much. What I have had to do is work on my game in sections, becoming more disciplined as i go. I'm good now on my starting hands and position, where I tend to fall down sometimes is letting cards go when i have say top pair and i can see the flop has 2 low spades and the turn gets another spade and someone else starts betting, i just hate to let anything in the range of KK-JJ go even when I don't have the odds cause you don't get them all that often. discipline and emotional discipline are probably why 90% of players fail, I also trade futures and it is the same deal there, good money management and discipline will get you everywhere.

one street at a time
wdbaker Denver, Co

orbie
04-11-2003, 01:24 PM
wdbaker-
I'm up in Boulder and may move to Denver. Where are you playing at?

I concur with your discipline problems.

wdbaker
04-12-2003, 10:54 AM
Orbie,
Party Poker only right now. I've never played Central City, Black Hawk or any other B&M, I hear the games in Central and Black are hard to beat with rake and tips. I've played on Paradise, tuff crowd, couldn't seem to get ahead there.

I actually live in highlands ranch

One street at a time
wdbaker Denver, Co