PDA

View Full Version : I hit my flush

iceman5
08-23-2005, 09:16 PM
$2/$4 NL at Party

3 limpers and I limp on the button with QTs. BB checks and we see the flop 5 way.

Pot is $20. The flop comes K84 with 2 of my clubs. Its checked to me and I bet $20. BB folds, UTG check raises to $50 and its folded back to me. I call.

Pot is $120. The turn is the 7c giving me the flush. He bets $125. He has another $225 behind.

Do you just call here? Or push all in? I dont think he puts me on a flush since I bet pot on the flop and he still potted the turn into me when the flush card hit.

If I just call, he might bet the river thinking I have 1 club, but if a club hits the river Im going to puke. Also, since I think he has a set, anything less than a push is criminal.

I pushed in. Standard? Or am I letting him off the hook too easy if his hand isnt that strong?

AZK
08-23-2005, 09:32 PM
standard.

freemoney
08-23-2005, 09:36 PM
if the king is a club its an easier push.

captZEEbo1
08-23-2005, 09:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think if the king is NOT a club it's an easier push, since you are more likely going to be called from someone that has just the K/images/graemlins/club.gif. You should not be worry about flush over flush too often imo.

iceman5
08-23-2005, 10:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think if the king is NOT a club it's an easier push, since you are more likely going to be called from someone that has just the K/images/graemlins/club.gif. You should not be worry about flush over flush too often imo.

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe the King was a club. I wasnt worried about him having a higher flush at all. I just wanted to get the most out of him.

What effect does having position on him have? I mean if I only call, and the board doesnt pair and doesnt bring a 4th club, I cant be sure whether or not he'll put any more money in anyway, so I figured Id make him pay now if he wanted to see the river

I pushed in and he folded, which obviously is why I posted the hand.

Richie Rich
08-23-2005, 10:53 PM
I'm not a huge fan of the min-raise in most spots. But since you wanted to commit villain to the pot, without scaring him out, I think it would've been appropriate on this turn.

creedofhubris
08-24-2005, 01:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
$2/$4 NL at Party

3 limpers and I limp on the button with QTs. BB checks and we see the flop 5 way.

Pot is $20. The flop comes K84 with 2 of my clubs. Its checked to me and I bet $20. BB folds, UTG check raises to $50 and its folded back to me. I call.

Pot is $120. The turn is the 7c giving me the flush. He bets $125. He has another $225 behind.

Do you just call here? Or push all in? I dont think he puts me on a flush since I bet pot on the flop and he still potted the turn into me when the flush card hit.

If I just call, he might bet the river thinking I have 1 club, but if a club hits the river Im going to puke. Also, since I think he has a set, anything less than a push is criminal.

I pushed in. Standard? Or am I letting him off the hook too easy if his hand isnt that strong?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the $125 is his way of committing himself to the pot, so I like the push. It's close, he could still get away.

If he had more behind, a push would CERTAINLY be letting him off easy.