PDA

View Full Version : Why do people do this?

Matty
08-23-2005, 09:09 PM
It makes no sense to me. Long grass looks as good as short grass.

stankybank
08-23-2005, 09:19 PM
ummmm, okay.

college_boy
08-23-2005, 09:22 PM
Cut grass looks better than long grass.

Benholio
08-23-2005, 09:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Before cutting the grass:
http://www.timcam.com/house/DSCF0002_small.JPG

After:
http://www.timcam.com/house/DSCF0032_small.JPG

Matty
08-23-2005, 09:25 PM
I can see why the hedging makes it look better, but not the length.

gorie
08-23-2005, 09:28 PM
do you fold your laundry ?

shant
08-23-2005, 09:31 PM
Where's the "This poll sucks" option?

Matty
08-23-2005, 09:32 PM
No, I usually hang it up though. If not,

http://www.tide.com/images/articles/a11_20/a14_product_2.jpg

Downy wrinkle releaser

Eurotrash
08-23-2005, 09:34 PM
how do you feel about haircuts?

captZEEbo1
08-23-2005, 10:01 PM
I'm with you, cutting grass is stupid...although your neighbors DEFINITELY don't think so, and you'll be shunned.

imported_anacardo
08-23-2005, 10:05 PM
The correct answer is the pernicious, lingering effects of British colonial culture.

And yeah, it's a friggin' waste of time and money. But who wants to be That Guy On The Block?

Clarkmeister
08-23-2005, 10:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The correct answer is the pernicious, lingering effects of British colonial culture.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah. That, or the fact that it just looks like crapola unmowed. Contending that an unmowed lawn, particularly one that's been unmowed for a lengthy (over one month) period of time is just saying something to get a reaction. It's akin to suggesting that showering is just something society demands, and it's a total waste of time and just fine to go weeks without doing it. In other words, nonsense that we don't beleive for a second that you actually think it's true.

BillNye
08-23-2005, 10:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

imported_anacardo
08-23-2005, 10:46 PM
Of course it's true! Consider the incredible amounts of time, money and water wasted on those retarded patches of St. Augustine. People shouldn't even have lawns; if they do, they should be of native, low-maintenance grasses. It's just a stupid, wasteful cultural quirk that doesn't matter at all, unlike, say, bathing, which at least has hygiene and increased shaggability going for it.

Clarkmeister
08-23-2005, 11:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Of course it's true! Consider the incredible amounts of time, money and water wasted on those retarded patches of St. Augustine. People shouldn't even have lawns; if they do, they should be of native, low-maintenance grasses. It's just a stupid, wasteful cultural quirk that doesn't matter at all, unlike, say, bathing, which at least has hygiene and increased shaggability going for it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank goodness, I was stuck on 43 for way too long.

garyjacosta
08-23-2005, 11:04 PM
Coming from south Louisiana, it is a MUST that you cut your grass, or you're gonna find something looking to eat you on your lawn.

As far as folding laundry goes, I have never done it. Makes no sense to me. The dryer and laundry basket in front of it hold it just fine thank you.

BillNye
08-23-2005, 11:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

well done

StevieG
08-23-2005, 11:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Coming from south Louisiana, it is a MUST that you cut your grass, or you're gonna find something looking to eat you on your lawn.

[/ QUOTE ]

that's a good reason

for everywhere else, the fact that rats like to live in tall grasses usually translates to laws requiring home owners to trim the lawn

DasLeben
08-23-2005, 11:22 PM
I live in AZ. My lawn is rocks and dirt and stuff.

tonypaladino
08-23-2005, 11:31 PM
I have an astroturf lawn in the backyard (seriously) . It rocks.

imported_anacardo
08-23-2005, 11:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't even understand what this means.

Thythe
08-23-2005, 11:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Crap, someone please explain what Clarkmeister is counting?

miajag81
08-23-2005, 11:39 PM
So Mom and Dad are nagging you to mow the damn lawn again huh?

DemonDeac
08-23-2005, 11:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

im with bill and shant

M2d
08-23-2005, 11:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
some people say the same thing about armpit and leg hair on women. do you agree with them as well?

razor
08-23-2005, 11:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You have no idea how close you are to 65...

garyjacosta
08-23-2005, 11:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
some people say the same thing about armpit and leg hair on women. do you agree with them as well?

[/ QUOTE ]
Which leads to the question..... Do the French mow their lawns?

RunDownHouse
08-24-2005, 12:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
It's akin to suggesting that showering is just something society demands, and it's a total waste of time and just fine to go weeks without doing it. In other words, nonsense that we don't beleive for a second that you actually think it's true.

[/ QUOTE ]
Wait waitwait. Didn't somebody around here confess to not using shampoo in the shower? As in, they hadn't actually cleaned their hair in months? turnipmonster, maybe?

razor
08-24-2005, 01:43 AM
This

[ QUOTE ]
not using shampoo in the shower?

[/ QUOTE ]

is NOT the same as

[ QUOTE ]
As in, they hadn't actually cleaned their hair in months?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure we can't be talking p****r here in OOT, but that doesn't mean we have to abandon all logic.

Matty
08-24-2005, 01:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]No, but I don't [censored] lawns.

Shaving is +EV. Mowing is -EV.

AngryCola
08-24-2005, 01:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Shaving is +EV. Mowing is -EV.

[/ QUOTE ]

EV analogies have got to go.

tripdad
08-24-2005, 04:17 AM
i pay a poor guy $5 to mow. i have a large yard...takes about an hour to do.

cheers!

malokoman
08-24-2005, 04:35 AM
idk, i have my nicaraguan step sister mow the lawn

Duke
08-24-2005, 05:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You have no idea how close you are to 65...

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds like some sort of a Zest Riddle.

I think I'm stuck on 43, actually.

EDIT: Actually stuck on 53.

~D