PDA

View Full Version : Sunflower Seeds

Crveballin
08-23-2005, 08:01 PM
I just wrote to David about producing a Salt and Vinegar flavored sunflower seed. God these would be delicious. Anyone else have a flavor of sunflower seed they wish was produced?

kyro
08-23-2005, 08:04 PM
Meh, I don't know about the vinegar part. Just salt would be pretty cool though.

Crveballin
08-23-2005, 08:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Just salt would be pretty cool though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats what we like to call original.

Sponger15SB
08-23-2005, 08:06 PM
I like the original and the BBQ and don't really care about anything else.

Also I had to switch to frito lay sunflower seeds because I ate so many seeds a day that my lips would turn raw. The salt in the frito lays were much less harsh on my gums than david sunflower seeds.

kyro
08-23-2005, 08:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Just salt would be pretty cool though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats what we like to call original.

[/ QUOTE ]

No WAY. Are you like a sunflower seeds professor or something???

BillNye
08-23-2005, 10:41 PM
pop tarts fudge sunflower seeds would be good

mostsmooth
08-23-2005, 10:43 PM
pussy flavored might sell well

garyjacosta
08-23-2005, 10:47 PM
Hi. I'm Gary. And I'm a Seedaholic. I go through at least 2 bags a week due to my hour commute.
I did find a worm inside one seed the other day however. Kind of creeped me out, but I kept on eating them anyway.

mostsmooth
08-23-2005, 10:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hi. I'm Gary. And I'm a Seedaholic. I go through at least 2 bags a week due to my hour commute.
I did find a worm inside one seed the other day however. Kind of creeped me out, but I kept on eating them anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]
on a serious note, i was like you, until wawa stopped carrying the sunflower seeds i liked. i never liked the davids for some reason. i havent had some seeds in a while /images/graemlins/frown.gif

BillNye
08-23-2005, 10:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

worms are healthy dont worry

Crveballin
08-24-2005, 12:19 AM
I have had that too. Probably just a meal worm that people eat anyways.

Max Raker
08-24-2005, 01:21 AM
I just wrote to David about producing a Salt and Vinegar flavored sunflower seed. God these would be delicious. Anyone else have a flavor of sunflower seed they wish was produced?

Until I read a few of the other responses in the thread, I was wondering why on earth you wrote to Sklansky about seeds. Flame away.

Ray Zee
08-24-2005, 10:37 AM
why not just make your own flavor you like by soaking them.

i grow my own organic ones and what i dont eat the birds and squirrels get in the winter. its easy to do.

benza13
08-24-2005, 10:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This would probably make me change brands at least. Speaking of problems with seeds, has anyone else noticed an increase in non-seed items in their David seeds. My last couple bags had several pieces of wood that were slightly larger than seed size. When you are grabbing handfuls and throwing them in your mouth without looking it is rather unpleasant to bite into a piece of wood. I was going to write to David about this, but I got lazy.

08-24-2005, 01:18 PM
I just bought a bag last night and noticed a large stem-looking object in my seeds as well.

Shajen
08-24-2005, 01:25 PM
that's the salt stick.

Take Chef's advice and put it in your mouth (suck em, suck em)

Spaded
08-24-2005, 01:38 PM
What about those brown ones that taste like ultraconcentrated bitterness? About one out of every 50 seeds is much darker than the rest, and if you pop it into your mouth without looking, you have a nasty surprise. It makes your whole mouthful of seeds taste awful. It might be the brand, though. It's Albertsons store brand.

Shajen
08-24-2005, 02:03 PM
Albertsons?

Man, you gotta go David if you are looking for consistent salt content.