PDA

View Full Version : A family pot....at a 2+2 table?????

benkath1
08-23-2005, 06:39 PM
First unraised sb I'd seen since I sat down. Of course V4P ruined that for me.

Well, here I am with a gutshot, and I'm not sure what to do, so what do I do? call call.

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (7 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, Hero completes, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, UTG calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, Button calls, Hero calls.

I see nothing wrong with completing here. Although as Saint D says, 'limp scare these guys more than raises'. I don't even mind the raise from the LAG of a BB to my left. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Flop: (12 SB) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, Button folds, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, UTG calls, Hero calls.

Okay, I pick up a second pair with a gutshot to the near nut. Still don't like my hand much and 2 back to me I didn't like but the pot wasn't too small so I called. BB LAG 3 bets so I put him on an over pair.

My first thought was to check raise BB if everyone folded back to me. yay, or nay?

Turn: (10.50 BB) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, Hero ????

This I didn't like. Do I have odds to continue? What kind of hand would limp with a 6 in it? 33 and 22 are a possibility, although 33 is unlikely with my holding. I still felt if I hit my hidden draw, I could make it up on the river.

Thoughts?

benkath1
08-23-2005, 06:46 PM
I screwed that up. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Try it now.

Vote4Pedro
08-23-2005, 06:51 PM
Donk bet...my LAG-ass is raising your LAG-ass alllllday. Facing everyone with two should clear guttys and overcards setting up a HU situation in a nice pot

benkath1
08-23-2005, 06:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Donk bet...my LAG-ass is raising your LAG-ass alllllday. Facing everyone with two should clear guttys and overcards setting up a HU situation in a nice pot

[/ QUOTE ]

That crossed my mind also, but only because of a prior conversation. Of all the hands I played last night, I hated this one the most. The showdown was quite interesting though.