PDA

View Full Version : overplayed... ?

kem
08-23-2005, 05:10 PM
As I'm reviewing some hands here, I feel like I'm overplaying hands. Maybe it just feels like that because my hands are missing these days? Hard to tell.. Any advice is appreciated. 4 quick hands:

Hand coverter is fubar'd again, so excuse my typo's..

Villian in hand #1 seemed loose and passive. Kind of guy who might limp with Axo, and call all the way down whether he hit a pair or not. I check the river thinking he isn't folding a hand that beats Did I overplay the flop? I think the turn bet is fine with my overcards + flush draw. Who fires a last shot on the river?

HAND 1 :: Party Poker $2-$4 (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with K/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls, 2 folds, Hero raises, MP3 calls, 4 folds, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (7.5SBs) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks. Hero bets. MP3 calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (5.25 BBs) 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, Hero bets, MP3 calls. UTG folds.

River: (7.25 BBs) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP3 checks.

Final Pot: (7.25 BBs)

HAND 2 :: Party Poker $2-$4 (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif
UTG folds. UTG+1 calls. MP2 folds. MP2 calls. 3 folds. Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (4 SBs) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
UTG+1 folds.

Hero bets. BB calls, UTG+1 folds, MP2 calls.

Turn: (3.5 BBs) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero bets, BB calls, MP2 calls.

River: (6.5 BBs) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero bets, BB calls, MP2 folds.

Final Pot: (8.5 BBs)

Obviously the board probably hit someone on a straight draw, but I did flop top pair, so I bet out. Undercards on the turn and river made me want to bet out again. I fold probably anywhere to a raise. Any play it differently?

HAND 3 :: Party Poker $2-$4 (8 handed)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif
Hero raises. 2 folds. MP2 calls. 3 folds. BB calls.

Flop: (6.5 SBs) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero bets, MP2 calls, BB folds.

Turn: (4.25 BBs) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero bets, MP2 raises, Hero folds.

I know the raise UTG is debatable. Do I have any business betting that flop or turn ? Bet the flop, check-fold that turn ? Fold pre-flop? /images/graemlins/smile.gif Villian was passive, and I took his raise to mean I was very much beat.

HAND 4 :: Party Poker $2-$4 (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif
5 folds. CO raises. Button calls. Hero 3-bets. BB calls. CO calls. Button calls.

Flop: (12 SBs) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero bets. BB raises, CO calls. Button folds.

Turn: (9 BBs) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks. BB bets. CO raises, Hero calls, BB calls.

River: (15 BBs) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, CO bets, BB folds, Hero calls.

Final Pot: (17 BBs)

I know it seems a horrible turn call, but this table was very loose and aggressive, CO in particular. I did not necessarily take his turn raise to mean I was beat, but maybe I should have. Facing 2 bets, with BB to act after me, maybe it's an insta-fold ? And by the river the pot is just too big to fold for 1 bet back to me and I'm closing the action.. So I guess the real question is the turn.

kem
08-24-2005, 10:09 AM
anyone.. ? any thoughts ? all played perfectly ?

peterchi
08-24-2005, 10:17 AM
1) Looks fine. I might fire again at the river against someone who might fold.
2) Good.
3) Good. Pre-flop raise is fine. Definitely firing at the flop since it's likely no one hit it. Betting the turn is fine because he might fold, and you can easily fold to a raise as you just did.
4) Without your read, turn is an easy fold. As is, I think you are the better judge here.

krubban
08-24-2005, 10:22 AM
Hand 1 i would have played the same, or perhaps fire a last barrel at the river since mp3 might only hold a heart which missed on the river.

Hand 2 i play the same, folding to a raise on the turn or river though.

Hand 3 i give up on the turn since you have no hand and no club redraw.

Hand 4 i would have given up when it was 2 bets back to me since that's almost always means your beaten, don't think it's +EV to call it down.