PDA

View Full Version : blind defence against a LAG - 6max hand

theRealMacoy
08-23-2005, 04:58 PM
The villain is 63/52/2.2 and WTSD 52%
He's been stealing my blinds with complete trash as the button was tight. Also he has capped with any peice of the board.

PokerStars 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP (Villain) raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, Hero calls, UTG folds.

...okay this is probably a poor hand to defend with...?

Flop: (7 SB) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Villain raises</font>, SB folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (5.50 BB) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Villain bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Villain 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

...so with the gut-shot and middle pair i figured to try and extract the most from villain or at least get a free showdown....when he 3bet here, which really doesn't mean much with this player, i am thinking i should have led the turn instead?

River: (11.50 BB) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, Villain checks.

Final Pot: 11.50 BB

this is really my first session of 6max
comments on every street appreciated...

cheers,
the Real Macoy

Edit--- mistake....changed vilain to 63

gharp
08-23-2005, 05:02 PM
You're not really defending your blind here, since UTG and SB are along for the ride (until UTG oddly folds, but you can't know that's coming).

So I fold this preflop. Since you didn't, when you caught a reasonable piece of the flop, I think the best line against a LAG is probably just to call. Let him keep betting the worst hand against you.

aK13
08-23-2005, 05:07 PM
You can find better hands to defend with than 97o. I'm prolly check/calling the turn, and bet/fold the river.

Deamon2
08-23-2005, 05:14 PM
villain is a LAG. he'll probably raise with hads we beat, so I don't think bet/folding the river is an option. Because he will also bet with hands that we beat, I think c/c, c/c is a better line.

I want to calc out the ev of both plays, but I have a tennis match to go to.

theRealMacoy
08-23-2005, 05:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You can find better hands to defend with than 97o. I'm prolly check/calling the turn, and bet/fold the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

i think this hand was a little bit of tilt as i was getting tired of this guy's aggression and cap with 53o etc...

theRealMacoy
08-23-2005, 05:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
villain is a LAG. he'll probably raise with hads we beat, so I don't think bet/folding the river is an option. Because he will also bet with hands that we beat, I think c/c, c/c is a better line.

I want to calc out the ev of both plays, but I have a tennis match to go to.

[/ QUOTE ]

a raise or reraise from this guy seems to carry little information as i saw him cap with bottom pair on the river.

the c/c c/c line seems much better to me as well.
thanks guys