PDA

View Full Version : PLO8--Nut straight on the flop

08-23-2005, 04:30 PM
Just started playing PLO8 about 3 days ago so I'm still learning. How would you have played this hand--preflop, flop, and turn? Anything I may have done wrong or just unlucky? BTW, the converter isn't working for me so I used this other one.

PLO8 Hand (http://www.pokerhand.org/index.php?page=view&hand=112015)

Ribbo
08-23-2005, 04:46 PM
All the money went in, 65% favourite on the flop, 75% favourite on the turn. If you can do that each time you play the game, you will make a huge profit at the game. There is nothing to discuss apart from your mental attitude. Losing is a large part of the game, those who can't take it well will tilt and be utterly destroyed. You would be best to make sure you don't care about the money, then you will be great at the game.

08-23-2005, 05:03 PM
Thanks. I enjoy reading your insight and the advice you give to others as well.

Anyways, is this a hand that would be all right to raise everytime preflop or does the 4 hinder it a bit? I'm trying to get a better understanding of starting hand requirements.

GooperMC
08-23-2005, 07:32 PM
I don't like the min raise on the flop. It tips off your opponent that you have a monster and still gives him odds to beat you. If your opponent is aggressive flat call and hope he bets into you on the turn. If you opponent is a calling station raise more and go for his stack.

Obviously your opponent in this hand was a total donk to CR all in after a min raise on that board so it worked out for you. However I think that against a less donkish opponent you could make more money without that min raise.

kyro
08-23-2005, 10:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
There is nothing to discuss apart from your mental attitude.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hate his flop play. Can we discuss that?

08-24-2005, 05:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I hate his flop play. Can we discuss that?

[/ QUOTE ]
So he should have raised more on the flop? Yeah - only raising $1 gives villian good pot odds to draw at his boat. Although it clearly didn't matter here - this guy just wanted to get all his money in with his set...