PDA

View Full Version : 3/6 6-max average rake - what's wrong?

ds914
08-23-2005, 04:12 PM
(Mods - I mention rakeback in this post, but I'm not looking for an affiliate, offering to be an affiliate, nor do I want this post to be seen as promoting rakeback. I'm just looking for help as to where my calculations are wrong.)

I'm trying to determine if the Empire reload is worth pursuing. I have rakeback at Eurobet, and I wonder if I would make more per hour there than with this bonus.

However, my rakeback seems to be way too high. With 8,710 hands of 3/6 6-max this month, I'm currently slated for $386.89 in rakeback (with a deal that pays 27.5%).

However, Poker Tracker is showing a total rake of just $875.50 for the month.

Obviously, I'm making a mistake somewhere, and I feel stupid for asking. But I'm stumped. Where am I screwing up? Why does my rakeback seem too high?

SomethingClever
08-23-2005, 04:37 PM
Your rakeback calcs look about right. You should get about $40/1,000 hands with 25%... you're running just a little higher than that which makes sense.

But the way the Party skins calculate affiliate payouts is beneficial to tight players. This is the discrepancy you're seeing. Any pot where you are dealt cards is considered one in which you have contributed to the rake, and therefore counts toward your rakeback.

If you folded every hand, you wouldn't personally pay any rake. But you would still get rakeback.

Finally, as to whether or not it's worth it. Short answer: yes. Long answer: maybe.

Your 27% rakeback is probably worth about $4.40 per table per hour.

The bonus will take about 5.5 hours to clear if you 4 table (assuming 3.25 MT ratio). This is $18/hr, which is better than the $14.3/hr that you can reasonably expect to earn while 4-tabling.

+EV.

Although, Empire may close your account for bonus whoring, so you may want to play more than the required amount.

-EV.

imported_leader
08-23-2005, 04:50 PM
Are you getting your amount of rake paid from the General info screen on PT. If so that's the amount of rake you paid out of pots you won. That's not how PP calculates MGR. To get what you should expect in rakeback you need to go to the Preferences screen set the time frame you want to figure out your rakeback for. Then go to the Game Notes screen click "Get All." Then under the "rake" column is the amount of rake paid while you are at the table. Divide this number by the Average players per hand (APH) and then mulitply it by your rakeback %. This will give you a good approximation of your rakeback.

ds914
08-23-2005, 04:50 PM
Much thanks. Greatly appreciate the detailed response.

I started playing around with some of the other tabs and found Total Rake for all players; the numbers then started to fit. My total rake was low (I'm still tighter than I should be), but the total rake for all players and my rakeback percentage then added up like they should.

Off to whore Empire...

LImitPlayer
08-24-2005, 12:12 AM
You are getting .044 cents per hand in rakeback.

Empires reload bonus is 10x so assuming 54% of the pots you play are raked (54 is the % of pots that my PT database shows were raked over 589,430 hands that were either played or datamined at the 3-6 6 max)you would need to play 1,853 raked hands to clear the bonus

So you make 81.53 in rakeback or $100 clearing the bonus.

The bonus is better