PDA

View Full Version : AA, standard or bad fold?

08-23-2005, 04:06 PM
Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 caps</font>, <font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, UTG calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (13.50 SB) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, Hero calls, MP1 calls.

Turn: (9.75 BB) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero folds, MP1 calls.

River: (11.75 BB) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, MP1 folds.

Final Pot: 12.75 BB

SnglMaltScotch
08-23-2005, 04:12 PM
Re-Raise Flop (Every time)
Raise Turn (Most Times)
If he still bets into you on the river I think about folding. (Some Times)

speirs
08-23-2005, 04:12 PM
I would 3bet this on the flop and see what develops. When capped and UTG leads the turn I'd probably fold. When UTG backs down lead the turn.

brettbrettr
08-23-2005, 04:13 PM
I would have 3-bet the flop in a flash.

08-23-2005, 04:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I would 3bet this on the flop and see what develops. When capped and UTG leads the turn I'd probably fold. When UTG backs down lead the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

This seems like excellent advice.

Thanks!

08-23-2005, 04:15 PM
A read would help. He could have AQs and be very agressive. But AQs, KK and AK are about the only hands that you are ahead of. JJ, QQ, Hearts are scary thoughts and not unlikely to 4 bet with pre flop..

08-23-2005, 04:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah after the hand i was thinking i should have done that. Definately would have given me more information to where i was at.

fizzleboink
08-23-2005, 04:37 PM
Definitely 3-bet the flop and see what develops. He could be raising AK, KQ, KK.

If he caps and leads the turn I'd probably call down.

Nick C
08-23-2005, 04:43 PM
Some players would be intimidated by the preflop action if they just held top pair. But others wouldn't, and while the flop checkraise does indicate UTG most likely has something, AQ, KQ, and KK are all possible, and even hands like TT and AJ can't be ruled out.

The turn card isn't ideal, and you're now drawing dead if UTG was checkraising a flush draw or KT, but there are still a lot of hands he could have that you're ahead of.

For his part, MP1 seems to have something like AK or TT or a monster like QQ that he plans to spring to life with on the turn.

Anyway, unless UTG is a pretty passive player, I think you gave too much credit to the flop checkraise, really.

AQ is 6 combos. KK in another 6. KQ is 12 more.

QQ/JJ is only 6 combos altogether.

Against an unknown player UTG, I would 3-bet the flop. If UTG capped, I'd be worried and would probably start calling down. (I wouldn't be quick to take a line that involved folding. I don't know anything about UTG, and there are quite a few 2/4 players who basically just play their own hand.)

If UTG wouldn't slow down and MP1 woke up, then I'd start thinking more seriously about folding. Another line that would worry me quite a bit would be this: UTG calls my flop 3-bet and then checkraises again on the turn. I'd probably start wondering if he just had QJ or A /images/graemlins/heart.gif Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif, though, and convince myself to stay in against that line, while not being very optimistic.

By the way, UTG didn't get the chance to cap preflop, so KK and even the other AA are more likely than they would be if he had gotten an opportunity to cap and had just called instead.

Hoi Polloi
08-23-2005, 04:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I would have 3-bet the flop in a flash.

[/ QUOTE ]

You know much more after this. Make him earn his fold equity.

SmileyEH
08-23-2005, 04:53 PM
this is a very bad fold.

-SmileyEH

JTG51
08-23-2005, 04:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This seems like excellent advice.

Thanks!

[/ QUOTE ]

No it doesn't. We don't know anything about UTG. You'll see KK or AQ often enough from an unknown that folding for one bet on the turn is bad.