PDA

View Full Version : Pokeroffice...Anyone know anything about this app?

Mempho
08-23-2005, 04:03 PM
Poker Office (http://www.pokeroffice.com)

dibbs
08-23-2005, 05:12 PM
I almost got it over PT a while back, I remember it was pretty easy to get free. I asked the opinion of this v. PT and I the feedback for PT was quite quite strong in comparison to PO, if I remember correctly.

sammy_g
08-23-2005, 06:12 PM
I haven't tried PokerOffice yet, but is there any reason not to buy both PokerOffice and PokerTracker?

Any tool that helps you even a little bit quickly pays for itself...

Mempho
08-24-2005, 09:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I haven't tried PokerOffice yet, but is there any reason not to buy both PokerOffice and PokerTracker?

Any tool that helps you even a little bit quickly pays for itself...

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know. I personally love PokerTracker and I think everyone else does, too. I just wonder if PokerOffice lacks or has any additional features.

ben_
08-24-2005, 10:32 AM
Pokeroffice is written in Java, making it the slowest piece of software ever.
I watched it take about 6 hours to import 10k hands.

langley11
08-24-2005, 01:50 PM
I switched to pokeroffice from PT a while back, it's really great during play, better than PT. If you change the database settings to MySQL it is very fast.

BigHobo
08-24-2005, 05:43 PM
I've got both PT and PokerOffice. Poker Tracker is my main database for historical accumulation of data but PokerOffice's live tracker is extremely helpful.

Mempho
08-25-2005, 02:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I've got both PT and PokerOffice. Poker Tracker is my main database for historical accumulation of data but PokerOffice's live tracker is extremely helpful.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tell me about the livetracker. Is this any better than PT/PA HUD combo?

68Mustang
08-26-2005, 09:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Tell me about the livetracker. Is this any better than PT/PA HUD combo?

[/ QUOTE ]

Look at the lower left of this picture for the live stats.

http://www.pokeroffice.com/screenshots/party1_70.gif

tshak
08-30-2005, 07:02 PM
I use PO with an older Athlon with only 512MB of RAM and I have over 30K hands (MySql backend) and it's easily as fast as PT.

Java, while not my first pref for a platform, has gotten a lot faster in modern versions. Most of the heavy lifting is done by the database anyway, so if you use MySql as opposed to the flat file system you should be fine.

Fadook
09-02-2005, 12:43 PM
PokerOffice's Live Tracker is like having a stats HUD plus a pot odds calculator in one. It's a very nice and well implemented feature. But that's about the only advantage it has over PokerTracker. It's vastly inferior when it comes to reviewing hands as it just doesn't provide much information. You can only see what your VPIP, PFR, AF, etc etc is while using the LiveTracker, so you have to actually be playing to review your stats, something the program designers say they're going to fix. PokerTracker offers so many more ways to analyze your play, and that's the most important thing. Oh, and PO is kinda slow and supports far fewer sites than PT.