PDA

View Full Version : monotone flop heads-up

DiamondDave
04-06-2003, 06:43 PM
Tightish, passive 3/6 game with a couple of action players.
I raise UTG with A /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif K /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif .
Young drunk guy in MP calls.
He could hold any two cards. Seriously.
In fact, since he didn't raise, his hand is probably worse than average.
Flop is K /forums/images/icons/heart.gif Q /forums/images/icons/heart.gif 7 /forums/images/icons/heart.gif .
I must bet the flop.
But what should I do if he raises?

elysium
04-06-2003, 06:58 PM
hi diamond
if you get raised, call. bet out on the turn. do not go for the check-raise. if raised on the turn, reraise unless the fourth suit hits, then fold, unless your hand can improve.

Bob T.
04-07-2003, 01:17 AM
If he raises, he might have a hand, he might have a semibluff, he might have 6 blue chips to put in the pot to even up his stacks.

I would call the raise, and bet again on the turn. If I get raised again, I would call it down, otherwise, I will bet the river and call. If he doesn't know where he is at, you aren't going to get a read on him. I would just play it like I have top pair, top kicker. My hand is probably a favorite to win over any random hand, and so I intend to value bet some, and get to a showdown.

DiamondDave
04-07-2003, 12:01 PM
Thanks for the advice, Bob. But what if more hearts hit the table?
He holds 2 random cards.
He has only about a 1-in-25 chance of holding 2 hearts.
But he has about a 11-in-25 chance of holding at least one!
Do I bet and fold to a raise?
Or do I check and fold?
Check and call? /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif
What if the turn is a blank, but the river is another heart?

AceHigh
04-07-2003, 06:50 PM
"But what should I do if he raises?"

Try to get to a showdown as cheap as you can. You should probably fold if a 4th heart comes.

DanS
04-07-2003, 08:23 PM
Hi Dave,
Where do you play your 3-6? I'm putting together a gathering of Bay Area 2+2'ers, lemmer know via PM if you're interested.

Dan

Robk
04-08-2003, 09:47 AM
Dave, I have to diasagree with the other posters here. I think you should make it 3 bets on the flop against this particular player. Save your stop and go's for someone with a head on their shoulders. Against this guy, get as many bets in on each street as you can. If a heart hits on any street, I would check call my way to the showdown.

DiamondDave
04-08-2003, 02:29 PM
The plan was to bet the flop and call a raise.
If the turn is not a /forums/images/icons/heart.gif , I bet again, call a raise, and check-call on river if raised on the turn.
If the turn is a /forums/images/icons/heart.gif , I check and fold.
If the turn is not a /forums/images/icons/heart.gif but the river is, I check and call.
If neither the turn nor the river is a /forums/images/icons/heart.gif , I bet the river and call a raise.
Comments?