PDA

View Full Version : Fold though the numbers say 'Call!'?

Madd
08-23-2005, 03:31 PM
Villain has been fairly tight so far. I don't think he would push something like T9o here. Nevertheless, eastbay's tool advocates to call against any reasonable range of hands (e.g. any pair, any ace, K8+, QT+, JTs).
ICM+pen+paper tell me that I only need to win in 41% of all cases to make a call profitable. That would make it an easy call.

However, a few points speak against calling:
-If I lose I don't have any FE anymore.
-If I lose the other middle stacks can wait till I bust before they take risks themselves which decreases the chance that I can sneak into the money without a fight.
-I have position on the other two middle stacks.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney 50+5$, Big Blind is t400 (4 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Hero (t2314)
UTG (t1435)
Button (t2134)
SB (t4117)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG pushes, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero ???

Hornacek
08-23-2005, 03:36 PM
2 to 1 pot odds... and 10-9 o is the same as KJo, as far as I'm concerned.

The only hands you're worried about going up against is Ax and pocket pairs with A-2. Any other hand would warrant an easy call. It comes down to your read on the villain: do a Harrington-esque breakdown, and say how likely it is that he has PP, how likely he has Ax, and the rest, and figure out your relative pot odds.