PDA

View Full Version : A Strange Pot in a Loose Game

andyfox
08-23-2005, 02:54 PM
On the flop, which was 9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif6 /images/graemlins/spade.gif3 /images/graemlins/spade.gif, we have T-9o (no spades). We check the flop. There is no chance of the flop being checked around, since the 3rd player will always bet when checked to.

This is what happened. The 3rd player was indeed checked to and indeed bet. While I follow the author's logic in check-calling, it seems to me that all of it is trumped by the opportunity to take down the pot right then and there and to put pressure on the 3rd man. We have a vulnerable top pair and no spade on an all spade flop. Why allow the 3rd man to see a cheap turn card? And since the bettor would have bet with anything, isn't there a much better chance than normal that he will fold to a check-raise?

Also, what were the winner's hole cards? There are two six of spades in the hand as posted.

Thanks.

StellarWind
08-23-2005, 03:27 PM
I started an extensive thread on this topic a few weeks ago. It seems to have rolled off the end of the forum but I'm sure you could find it by searching my username.

Moderator: The volume in this forum is low and new magazines only come out once per month. Is there some way you can increase the 2-week limit (or whatever the rule is)?

StellarWind
08-23-2005, 03:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Also, what were the winner's hole cards?

[/ QUOTE ]
K /images/graemlins/spade.gif7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif.

andyfox
08-23-2005, 08:44 PM
Thanks, I'll search.

Phat Mack
08-24-2005, 09:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I started an extensive thread on this topic a few weeks ago. It seems to have rolled off the end of the forum but I'm sure you could find it by searching my username.

Moderator: The volume in this forum is low and new magazines only come out once per month. Is there some way you can increase the 2-week limit (or whatever the rule is)?

[/ QUOTE ]

Very strange that it disappeared so fast. Here's a link:

thread (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=magazine&Number=3014902&Fo rum=,,,,,All_Forums,,,,,&Words=&Searchpage=4&Limit =25&Main=3014902&Search=true&where=&Name=7907&date range=&newerval=&newertype=&olderval=&oldertype=&b odyprev=#Post3014902)

nate1729
09-06-2005, 11:41 AM
Nononononononononono.

An *offsuit* king and the seven of spades.