PDA

View Full Version : Heads-up: push or fold?

Bill Poker
08-23-2005, 02:46 PM
Heads up:

Party 20+2. blind 200/400, I had A3s with 4150 on BB (vallian had 3850), vallian raise to 1000,

kyro
08-23-2005, 02:49 PM
Ready? Here it comes!!!!

It depends.

downtown
08-23-2005, 02:50 PM
Can you give us more info on what the HU match with "vallian" has been like up to this point?

Bill Poker
08-23-2005, 02:57 PM
1. I dont have much FE so it is unlikely to push him out.
2. I am either slightly ahead (60% againt 2 unpaired middle cards), or 33% against middle pair or Ax (X>7). i would assign 70% to unpaired middle cards, and 30% to middle pair or Ax or anything else, so it seems a very close call.
3. would you change mind if i had Kx instead? x<10.
4. maybe real question is, would you flip a coin when both of you have 10BB?

Bill Poker
08-23-2005, 02:59 PM
I was 4 tabling, so I did not have much read on him, but he was not too out of line. and this is the first hand HU.

[ QUOTE ]
Can you give us more info on what the HU match with "vallian" has been like up to this point?

[/ QUOTE ]

bluefeet
08-23-2005, 03:02 PM
Assuming you two just sat down at a HU match, with you holding a slight chip edge, and the blinds at 200/400, I'd likely fold this.

There are actually more reasons to fold than push/call IMO. One being your assumption that you can outplay him during this abbreviated match. For me to push this, I would have to be nearly certain he would fold. I personally see no reason to push otherwise...where you might be a SLIGHT favorite at best.

Calling & pushing the flop is an option (better than pushing PF perhaps)...but again, it requires some faith in a certain degree of good fortune.

bigt439
08-23-2005, 03:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think this is true at all. He has alot back to him to call. Having said that it depends alot on your read, but my deafult is to push this.

Bill Poker
08-23-2005, 03:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think this is true at all. He has alot back to him to call. Having said that it depends alot on your read, but my deafult is to push this.

[/ QUOTE ]

maybe i give him too much credit, but, unless it is a total bluff (2 unpaired/unsuited/unconnected low cards), I dont think he would fold to my push. he had 3:5 odds to call.

Bill Poker
08-23-2005, 03:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Assuming you two just sat down at a HU match, with you holding a slight chip edge, and the blinds at 200/400, I'd likely fold this.

There are actually more reasons to fold than push/call IMO. One being your assumption that you can outplay him during this abbreviated match. For me to push this, I would have to be nearly certain he would fold. I personally see no reason to push otherwise...where you might be a SLIGHT favorite at best.

Calling & pushing the flop is an option (better than pushing PF perhaps)...but again, it requires some faith in a certain degree of good fortune.

[/ QUOTE ]

thank for reply. with BB=400, I guess folding is not a very bad option here if you think you can outplay you opp.

testaaja
08-23-2005, 03:23 PM
Well I think it would be a good push here, but I think a call would be too. I got to loooove suited ace /images/graemlins/grin.gif

edit: and yes, the blinds seem to be small that a fold is good also /images/graemlins/shocked.gif it's hard, go with your instincts.

MegaBet
08-23-2005, 06:34 PM
Even 4-tabling, you should have some read on the guy once you get to heads up. Was this the first hand of HU? Has he min-raised and folded to your pushes before?

bawcerelli
08-23-2005, 06:42 PM
without a read, just let it go. you might be dominated.

Bill Poker
08-23-2005, 07:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Even 4-tabling, you should have some read on the guy once you get to heads up. Was this the first hand of HU? Has he min-raised and folded to your pushes before?

[/ QUOTE ]

yes it was the 1st hand of HU, he was quite silent and did not bully around with his stake (maybe a hint that he is tight) since the bubble time (was a big stake since level 1/2). I was struggling all the way and eliminated all other 3/4 players with good cards and bit of luck.

anyway here is his cards: <font color="white"> KJo, he called my push and flopped a K </font>

In hindcast, i think I should have folded, no matter what the result was.

Bill Poker
08-23-2005, 07:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
it's hard, go with your instincts.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess I wasnt thinking at all. I saw my cards, ha, its an A and sooooooooooooted, push! /images/graemlins/grin.gif