PDA

View Full Version : Quad 9s - Did I Extract Maximum Value?

Rabid_Hippo
08-23-2005, 02:12 PM
Just curious if anyone would have tried a different line:

5-5 No Limit - Hero, on the button, is dealt 99 ($600 behind). 3 limpers, Hero makes it $40 to go, SB calls, BB calls (both have me covered), everyone else folds.

SB is loose aggressive (and not in a good way), BB is tight aggressive.

Flop comes As9s9h.
SB - check
BB - check
Hero - check

Turn comes 7s
SB - check
BB - check
Hero - $50
call, call

River comes 2d
SB - check
BB - $50
Hero - $100 to go
fold
call

BB shows AhQh

I don't think I could have bet more and gotten any callers - but I guess it's read dependant. I was really hoping someone would hit a flush or a full house ... oh well.

mgsimpleton
08-23-2005, 02:16 PM
you raised on tha button???? yo... bet this flop. give someone with a decent ace a chance not to give you credit for an ace on your button raise, then stack. If they don't have an ace or a flush draw which gets there (thye will still call on flop) you ain't making much. Unless of course they hit their two outer but to be honest the way you played it if i hit my underfull i'm not looking to throw my stack in the middle either.

Percula
08-23-2005, 02:36 PM
A lot of how you play this depends on how you have played before. Can the blinds put you on any ace with the button raise? Do they put you on a PP? Air?

You have about $120 in the pot on the flop, fire a more or less pot sized bet on the flop. The BB should come along and the SB might too.

On the turn when the spade hits making a possible flush, make a weak bet that looks like you are afraid of the flush. Give the blinds a chance to bluff at it.

The river plays its self if you play the flop and turn this way.

elcheapo
08-23-2005, 02:37 PM
Continuation bet of 2/3rds pot. Check turn and hope you get a half pot bet, then call from the other weak ace on the river, then you raise allin and hopefully get one call. I think betting the flop and then checking the turn says "I have air or KK,QQ" then checking the flop and weak bet on the turn.